It's Okay

Your POV

"I can't do this, Ethan."

"Babe, come here."

"I'm serious, I can't."

"(Y/n)." Ethan said sternly. You looked at him wide-eyed. He sighed and put his hands on your shoulders. "I'm sorry for snapping at you. But you gotta tell Emerson sometime! You can't just leave her out of this!"

You sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. "No. I can't do it. She'll start to freak out and worry about me."

Ethan grabbed your hand, and you looked up at him. "Just tell her you're okay. I'm sorry, but it's now or never."

You sighed again. "I prefer the 'never'."

Ethan grabbed your other hand and pulled you up. "Well, I prefer the 'now'. Come on, I'll be there when you tell her."

Short timeskip

"He WHAT?!" Emerson screamed, jumping up from the couch.

You took a deep breath. "Em, calm down. I'm fine, and everything's already taken care of. You don't need to worry about anything."

She shook her head. "So Aunt Kate lied to me when she said that you came home early because you weren't feeling good."

Ethan flinched slightly. "I told her to tell you that. We didn't want you to freak out." Emerson started taking deep breaths, calming herself down. "Are you okay now?"

She nodded. "I'm... gonna go upstairs for a little bit." She walked up the stairs and into her room.

Ethan turned to you. "That wasn't so bad, was it?" You groaned and put your head in your hands. "I guess not." He said with a giggle.

Timeskip
Ethan's POV

"Hey, Ethan, we should go camping sometime."

I raised an eyebrow, although Mark couldn't see it. "Really? After what just happened yesterday?"

"I mean, not now. But eventually. Like, next month maybe."

"Next month's October. We'll be too busy at the office with Halloween and stuff. I was even planning on a surprise flight back to (Y/n)'s hometown a couple days before it."

"Yeah, you can do that. But, I mean, we still need to go camping. Come on, it'll be fun!"

I sighed. "Just us two?"

"No, probably me, you, and Tyler. Amy and Kathryn can stay with Emerson and (Y/n) at your apartment or something. It'll only be for a weekend, though. You know, the guys hang with the guys, and the girls hang with the girls."

I thought for a moment. "Fine, I'm in. I'll tell (Y/n), and we'll start planning."

"Great." I could almost hear Mark's smile through the phone. "Talk to you later, Ethan. Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and put my phone on my desk.

A camping trip with just us guys, and then a surprise flight with just (Y/n) and me. Sounds fun.