Arrival

Ethan's POV

"Do we have everything?"

"No."

"What are we missing?"

"Emerson."

I giggled and pulled (Y/n) into a tight hug, rocking her from side to side. "Don't worry. She'll be fine with Mark and Amy."

She sighed. "I know, but you know how I get."

I nodded. "I do know. And I'll reassure you that she's fine every time you bring her up."

"Flight 124 to Indiana, now boarding. All passengers please go to Gate 4."

I pulled away and grabbed her hand. "You ready?" I asked.

She took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go."
------------
Your POV

"Sweetie, welcome back!" Mom exclaimed, enveloping you into a tight hug.

You giggled, hugging her back. "I missed you too, mom."

She pulled away. "You look so much better than you did when you moved! You look even beautifuller now!"

You grinned. "That's not a real word, mom."

You looked out of the corner of your eye, watching your dad approach Ethan and give him a firm handshake. "Ethan."

"Sir. It's a pleasure to see you again." Ethan said, smiling.

Your father smiled back. "The pleasure is all mine. Thank you for surprising us like this."

Ethan shook his head, pulling his hand away. "It was all for (Y/n). She's been stuck in LA for so long, I knew she needed to spend a little time with family."

Your dad nodded. "You really love my daughter, don't you."

Ethan caught you staring and smiled in your direction. "You have no idea, sir." You walked over to him and grabbed his hand, lacing your fingers together and resting your head on his shoulder.

"We should get home so I can get lunch started." Your mom stated. "Come on, let's go to the car."
-------------
"Well, hi stranger!" Your sister exclaimed, punching your shoulder lightly.

You giggled. "Hey, Luna! How's college  going?"

She shrugged. "It's going. It's a little boring, but hopefully it'll pick up in a couple weeks." She glanced behind you. "How's the family?"

Ethan walked up behind you and wrapped his arms around your stomach, resting his chin on your head. "As happy as can be."

Luna giggled. "That's good. Hey, are you going to Kate's party tomorrow?"

You nodded. "Yep. This is your first time, right?"

Luna nodded excitedly. "Yep! But I'm not drinking. I wanna wait until my 21st birthday to drink."

Ethan raised an eyebrow, letting go of you. "Wait, drinking? I thought this was a Halloween party, not a drunk fest."

You smiled. "It's still a Halloween party, Ethan. People can go in costumes, there's gonna be a haunted house, and Halloween themed music is gonna be played. There's just gonna be alcohol." You smirked teasingly. "What, are you afraid of getting drunk?"

He shook his head, embarrassed. "Umm... maybe a little."

You put an arm around his shoulders. "Don't worry, I'll be right there with you." Your phone buzzed from your pocket. "That's probably Kate. I promised I'd call her when we got here." You kissed Ethan's cheek. "I'll come back down in a little bit." And with that, you walked upstairs into your old bedroom.