Reading Your Comments

Ethan's POV

"What is up my cranky crew?" I said, starting the video. "It's Ethan from CrankGameplays, and today, I am reading your comments!"

I scrolled through the comments I got from YouTube until one caught my eye.

'really weird question but do u ever plan on having kids whether adopted or not?'

I read it out loud before looking into the camera. "Yes, actually. My girlfriend and I have been talking and she wants kids. We talked a little more about it and we decided that we're gonna adopt someone before actually having children."

I scrolled a little more before finding another one.

'We know that you have a girlfriend, but what's she look like?'

I smiled at the camera. "I'll be back."

I got up from my chair and left my recording room. I walked upstairs and looked around before finding (Y/n) in the bedroom, wide awake and on her phone. She looked up at me and smiled.

I smiled back. "Come on."

She raised an eyebrow. "What for?"

I walked over to her and held a hand out. "Just do it." She rolled her eyes, but took my hand anyway.

I led her downstairs and to my recording room. I pulled out the stool under my desk and sat on it, letting her sit in the other chair.

"Ethan, it's 5 o'clock in the morning. What is it?" She asked, pretending to be annoyed.

I shrugged. "The fans just want to meet my girlfriend."

"Oh." She said. Then, she realized what I said. "Oh."

I grinned, looking at the camera. "Yeah, I think you guys already met her." I turned to (Y/n). "You pick the next comment." She smiled and scrolled through the comments.

When she found one, she grinned and read it out loud.

'u should let ur gf do ur makeup'

I smiled. "In a future video."

(Y/n) turned to me, still grinning. "Tonight."

I groaned. "Really?" She nodded enthusiastically. "Fine." She clapped and turned back to the computer.

I scanned the other comments, looking for something, until one stood out.

'Ethan, you have a wonderful voice. You should sing more often in your videos. If your girlfriend is interested (whoever she is) she can join you.'

I grinned at (Y/n). "What do you say? Wanna do a cover video?"

She blushed and looked down. "I'm... not a good singer."

I shook my head. "Stop saying that. You're voice is amazing, (Y/n). Let it be heard!" She blushed harder. "Come on. Do it for me! Please?"

She looked up at me, smiling bashfully. "Fine, I'll do it."

We did a couple more before I decided I had enough for the video.

"So thank you guys for watching, and I hope you enjoyed the video. If you did, make sure that you slap that like button right in the face! And I will see all of you, in the next video. Love you all, stay cranky, bye!"

I ended the video and turned to (Y/n). "You can go upstairs while I work on editing." She nodded, kissed my cheek, and left the room.

I worked on editing for a half hour before uploading it to the channel. Once it was uploaded, I left the room and walked upstairs. Once I stepped off the top step, I heard sniffles coming from the bedroom. I quickly made my way over there, immediately worried.

(Y/n) was curled up on the bed, staring at the wall, tears falling down her face. She looked at me for a moment before continuing to stare at the wall. My heart broke.

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

"Go away." Was all she said.

"Please, tell me what happened. I want to help-"

She cut me off. "I don't need your help."

I took a step closer. "I want to know what happened. I want to be here with you."

"And I want to be alone." She sat up on the bed. "Go. Away."

I shook my head. "Not happening. Not until you tell me what's going on. I want to help you!"

She balled her hands into fists. "I don't need your help. I don't need you babying me."

I started to get angry. "I'm not babying you. I'm trying to be there for you."

"I don't need anyone! I'm fine by myself!"

I snapped. "If you were by yourself you'd be dead by now!"

"Well, maybe the world would be better if I was gone!" I stared at her, instantly regretting what I said. She moved back to the position she was in, and more tears fell. "Do you ever just think about how not okay you are? How much the world hates you?" She choked out.

I hesitantly sat on the edge of the bed and covered one of her hands with one of mine. She looked up at me with sad eyes.

"I don't hate you." I whispered.

She looked back at the wall. "Just... leave me alone."

I moved to the other side of the bed. "I'm not leaving you. Not now, not ever."

She turned around and rested her head on my chest. "Good, 'cause I don't trust me by myself." She giggled weakly as more tears spilled.

I raked my fingers through her hair. "It's okay. Cry if you need to. I'm here."

And she did. She cried and cried until there were no tears left. She sniffled and buried her head in my chest.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and dialed Mark's number.

"Hey, Ethan. What's up?"

I looked down at (Y/n). "I don't think I can come to the office today."

"Is something wrong?"

"Not anymore. But I need to stay home today."

"Okay... what happened?"

"I'll tell you later. Right now, I need to stay with (Y/n)."

"Oh. Well then, take all the time you need. We can manage here."

"Thanks, Mark. That means a lot, both to me and to (Y/n)."

"Anything for a friend. Tell her me and Amy said hi."

I smiled. "Of course. Bye, Mark."

"Bye."