Final Chapter

Lavender had died.

After avenging Violet, the Alpha was said to have been found laying on the forest floor half a mile from the Starr camp. Starr's Alpha lay dead a couple of feet from Her body. She had died from the loss of blood throughout the entire battle. However, the ones who found Her had said that She had never looked so at peace, not since Violet. It was speculated that perhaps her ghost had came to guide their unforgettable Alpha away.

The same was for the Beta, who had died in the middle of battle. His disfigured body, along with the rest of the corpses, were burned as a proper burial. No remains could be risked to be found by outsiders.

That left Forrest the next in line for Alpha. The remaining wolves bowed to Forrest Starr, new Alpha of the Night Sky pack. Light Claw's Gilbert had blinked in courtesy.

Mixen the Bear survived. He, in his bear form, carried the ashes of all that died and led both packs to Violet's spot (though he didn't tell them that). There a traditional decorated wooden pole stood on the soil in place of a tombstone. Then they scattered the ashes. Everyone, including Gilbert, bowed low to show respect to the fallen. The field was tinted grey, but over the years, more flowers would be in bloom.

A week after the war, Forrest, as the new Alpha, went to the 3 packs to form treaties of peace. They all agreed without a fight, they had been defeated.  The Starr pack was the worst off, having only a hundred or so wolves. They still had their pride, however, they had a goal to rebuild the glory of their pack long before the tyranny of the last Alpha. The new leader of the Starr pack touched heads with Forrest.

"You are a children of the stars," the leader said, "Your Father had strayed from our roots, but you still shine the same as your luminous mother."

With that, the five packs of the forest had never been at more peace. Forrest had much to learn, and so learned from Gilbert. Axel was the new head of the medical field, due to William's grief over Susan's death taking him. John had never been heard of again, another casualty of the war. Claudette had died in Claude's arms since his medical skills couldn't compete with the severity of her injuries. Many unforgettable deaths.

Axel would hug Forrest tighter than he did to him every night. Forrest would hum Moonlight Sonata until his mate fell asleep. Waffles and Axel had move into the camp's Alpha house, though Axel still worked at the shop. Mr. Owner was sad to see him leave, but nevertheless glad to see him growing up. Axel's room would remain untouched if ever he was to come back. Mr. Owner was a very sentimental man.

Mixen left the forest and wandered off to some other place. Slowly over the years, the packs would rebuild their camp, populate, and extend to even help each other. Though there were tensions, help had to be accepted in order to survive fresh after the war.

It had been three decades since then...

And as Axel had predicted, he still loves Forrest as much as he did back then, and Forrest loved him no less.