\\Chapter Twenty Five\\

~The most beautiful thing in the whole world is when two people become fluent in choosing one another~

\\Chapter Twenty Five\\

Healing.

Such an arduous task it iwas. It didn't move in regular paths or in constant periods. It took so many forms and shapes, flowing in different trajectories. It's like a general formula. ,that's what healing was. A general formula that could be used as a solution for different problems, neither having the same number nor the same outcomes. It's up to each and every person to fill his own numbers and solve his own problems.

For me, my numbers were simple. The grief that softened me was one, the heartache that wised me was two, and the suffering that strengthened me was three. I only had to place these numbers in the general formula to heal, which was still a very complicated mission.

I also did know that healing came in waves, and even though my rocks were too high to be exceeded, maybe one day the waves would finally reach me and wash me away towards recovery. It's just a matter of time. The girl I was needed time. She needed time to heal like we all did, because feeling right after being wrong for so long was the hardest thing to get used to. She desperately needed to fall in love with herself, no matter how tough that way might seem to walk through. She needed both rediscovering and embracing the fascinating mess she was. Loving yourself all over again was the hardest relationship you would ever have to go through, but once done correctly, it will provide the rarest relief.

I was currently climbing the ladder slowly, step by step, making sure my position was solid before moving on to the next. Overcoming my grief was the first step. The company was helping me a lot through that. I'd returned to work, not fully, but at least I was working now. I was pushing myself everyday to leave the house and socialize with other people. Yes, there were those days where I was sick of interactions, but I tried my best to write in those periods, never abandoning myself in the dark again.

William had kept me great company during work, too. He's always there teaching me new things and throwing jokes here and there. Sometimes, we had this nostalgic scenario where he told about his old days with my father, way back before he met mom and the fun they used to have. Sometimes, tears struggled to stay at bay, but we laughed them away with weird jokes about how hilarious I looked in a flooded diaper or the weird method my mother used to grow plants. She would bring kettles and pots, fill them with soil, and then plant all kinds of flowers in them. Such strange decor she liked.

Today wasn't any different. William left a couple of minutes ago, mumbling something about an emergency where Amber labeled it a ten. He gave a wild guess and said that she most probably forgot the key in the door before leaving and now she's locked outside. They had to break the lock four times by now because of her bad memory. The way he laughed at his wife made me smile. He's so in love with her. Christopher was sure lucky to finally find his father and have the great family he had now. He had always wished to find his dad when we were young.

As I signed the last sheet in front of me, the office phone rang.

"Yes?"

"Miss Dover, there's a man here asking to see you. He says he personally knows you," my secretary spoke.

"What's his name?" My eyes still revised the sheet one last time before I printed it, not focusing on the conversation.

"His name is Alec Evans, miss."

As soon as his name fell from her mouth, my concentration was quick to shift towards the phone.

My mind buzzed with questions to why he's here and whether I should meet him or not, but I decided on hearing what he had to say. Maybe it's something concerning Elena.