\\Chapter Fifteen\\

~She was the kind of girl that searched for things that could never be found~

\\Chapter Fifteen\\

A few days after the whole mess, everything went back to normal. However, Dylan being him, avoided me like a plague and rarely came to the house. If he did, it was probably to sleep or to talk to Christopher about work. When we met at the company or in meetings, he would send me his mysterious looks as if looking at someone else through me.

I knew that he despised me with every fiber in his body, yet he still seemed, on very rare occasions, to stare at me with a mysterious look, a gaze that was too familiar to me. Grief.

Yes. Accompanied with his hatred, I saw his misery. He scared me sometimes with his ability to hide his true self, but once one block of the wall he had around him fell, I witnessed a glimpse of the deep ignited fire within him. A cruel fire that didn't even care to leave ashes behind. It wiped everything crystal clear. It vanquished.

Christopher, on the other hand was the exact opposite of Dylan. He helped me sometimes with my work and brightened my mood when my aura was dreadful, but the thing I noticed about him was that he always kept his distance, as if keeping a safe root to escape incase I tried to attack him. As well as that look he held in his enchanted eyes.

They were able to read me a story I never desired to hear. A story about a boy that was brutally murdered by a broken girl. About the man that was born out of the ashes of that boy, similar to a phoenix, but without burning all over again. And as I listened to every passing chapter, my soul drained with guilt more and more. Usually, it struggled to swim and fight the waves, but today the storm overpowered it and pushed it to the bottom of the mirky sea.

My mind wasn't helping at all in that matter, as well as the thunder that roared inside of it. So, currently, I was sitting on the swing in a nearby park, watching kids chasing each other, trying to take my mind off my tormented life. The children's giggles created a perfect matching rhythm to that of the birds. This magical view brought a smile to my face. It was such an innocent and pure scene, detached from the brutish stained reality. As I averted my gaze, a family walked by. The father and mother were chatting with each other adoringly while constantly sneaking glances at their two daughters. The girls seemed enjoying their time running after one another and playing with their girlie toys.

They seemed happy.

Their parents looked at them lovingly, as the father carried the small girl and the mother held the hand of her older girl, passing by me laughing.

Flashback

"Daddy, Daddy! I want ice cream."

"Not now, Arianna. Can't you see I'm busy? Come back later." His annoyed voice rings in my ears.

"But dad..." I nag childishly.

"Arianna, I said not now!" He yells angrily at me to which I flinch and take a step back.

He notices my movements and guilt quickly replaces his anger. "I'm so-"
He is about to say something but I am already outside the door.

I stand in the corridor whimpering and whipping my tears with my sleeve, hiccuping every now and then.

"Ari? Why are you crying?"