\\Chapter Four\\

Picture of Elena above >>>>>

~Sometimes your circle decrease in size but increases in value~

\\Chapter Four\\

There she stands. My best friend that I haven't seen or contacted for the passed five years. She still looks gorgeous as ever. Her chocolate hair flows lively, dancing swiftly with the breeze. Her lips are painted red, her favorite color, and her curvy figure fits perfectly in her short blood red dress. Nothing has changed about her. Still the same fierce rebellious girl I know. Yet a piece of her beauty is missing.

Her smile. Her eyes aren't screaming with joy like they used to be, and her lips are drawn into a line not bothering to stretch into a smile. This is completely unusual.

"What are you doing here?" I ask a little bit harsher than I intended

"Christopher invited me," she states as if she memorized that sentence.

Of course. How did I forget that Elena was the one that kept matchmaking me with Christopher? He remained a sort of brother to her even after we broke up. We used to always hang out all together with Alec, as well. I halt my pattern of thoughts before it takes me to places I don't want to travel to ever again.

"How have you been?" I ask her awkwardly trying to break the uncomfortable silence that has loomed over us.

She gazes at me silently without pronouncing any single word. Her eyes pass through the barriers I have managed to build all these years, focusing on the same untouched weak girl inside.

"Do you really want to know the answer for that?" She seems dull and lifeless. The total opposite of the Elena I knew.

Yes, I do. I want to know what she was up to in all the years that passed. Did she miss me? Forget me?

"Forgot you? Yes. Missed you? No," my demon states casually as a matter of fact.

"I've been miserable." She looks at the ground sadly. Her eyes reflecting the true pain she's feeling.

"After you left, I knew you wanted nothing to do with me, but I still had hope that you'll eventually come around. When you didn't, I lost it. Everything was falling apart. Alec became really distant and suddenly disappeared. My father's health was going backwards and my mother wasn't helping. Simply, my life was a living hell."

I fight the urge to comfort her on the spot. To spill some lies about how everything will be okay and how sorry I am for what she endured.