\\Chapter Twelve\\

Picture of Claire above>>>>

~If you have chemistry, you only need one more thing. Timing. But timing is a bitch~

\\Chapter Twelve\\

Christmas was here. Christmas was actually knocking at my door. Gosh, it's Christmas!

I peeked through my thin curtain to get a glimpse of the sky on such a fruitful morning. After last night, I couldn't sleep. I kept reiterating Christopher's words the whole night.

All the hurt you caused me.
All the poison you made me drink.

I shook my head violently, forcing the memory to drift to the back of my head. Today I wanted to focus on the busy streets where kids were dressed up in Santa costumes, singing Christmas songs, people hugging each other, and parents buying presents for their kids. Those scenes were truly fascinating.

This was what I really like about Christmas. No matter what problems you're facing, it always managed to make others feel the love around them. Christmas waved a magic wand over this cruel world, and behold, everything was softer and more beautiful.

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen, and grabbed a bottle of natural orange juice from the refrigerator. As I sipped some juice, I saw Claire enter the kitchen without noticing me while she talked on her phone.

Let's just say that I spat all the juice I was drinking. What the heck? What is this woman doing here? Am I hallucinating?

"Good morning," Christopher huskily said with a sleepy face as his hands rubbed his eyes and he yawned loudly.

Claire spun quickly to face him and her lips quirked up forming a smile. She walked towards him joyfully and pecked his lips. "Merry Christmas, darling," she whispered into his ear seductively as she hugged him tightly.

Christopher smiled sweetly at her before he leaned calmly into her embrace surrendering his body into her tender arms. "Merry Christmas to you too, babe," he mumbled.

Babe.

Back in the days when I was happily indulged in a blissful relation with Christopher, I made sure he never called me babe. This simple word infuriated me with the ability to erase all compassion and love a person may try to show through his words. I couldn't explain why exactly... I just despised it.

Guess Christopher and Claire had different methods in their relationship. Claire seemed like the exact opposite of me. She was what a normal person would call a full fledged woman. A beauty for sure. Body designed to run the Victoria's Secret runway, a smile that melted the coldest hearts, and a love sprinter to everyone around. 

I couldn't take that intimate moment they were sharing any longer, so I faked a cough to shield myself from further torture. Instantly, Christopher broke the hug and searched the room for the source of the voice. His gaze finally fell on me as his froze in his place and diverted his eyes away from me. Claire groaned in irritation before looking at me. "Oh, Arianna, I didn't see you there."

"Umm... I'll leave you two alone," I replied aiming towards the door as if the room was actually on fire and the only exit was that door.

Christopher looked like he intended to talk, but then shut up while Claire seemed to have other plans. "Hey, Arianna!" she yelled. "I was wondering since it is Christmas and you're here alone, why not join us to celebrate in Christopher's-"