Chapter Eight

Friday night rolled around, and Lafayette was
already freaking out, John and Alex trying to find someway to calm him down.

"Oh my god Laf chill. You said it yourself, it's just one date," John said, rolling his eyes as Lafayette paced around his room. Alexander punched John in the arm. "What the hell Alex?!"

"John you're not helping," John huffed, rubbing his arm. "Laf, you've got nothing to worry about. Hercules seemed to be pretty smitten with you, I mean, he did ask you out. You're going to see a movie, not much could go wrong."

"But what if I say something stupid? Why did I even say I'd go?" Alex sighed, giving Lafayette a sympathetic look. "Baise ma vie."

John huffed from beside Alex. "I hate it when you two speak French. I never have any idea what's going on." Alex rolled his eyes.

"John, relax. He just said 'Fuck my life', you're fine."

"Don't even get me started on what the hell I should wear!" Lafayette said, making his way to his closet, sifting through its overflowing contents. "Should I wear makeup?"

Alex got up, standing next to Lafayette, putting his hands on each of Lafayette's shoulders. "Laf, just do whatever feels right man, you don't have to worry about what he's going to think. Dress for you, not him. And if he doesn't like it, then he's certainly not the guy for you."

Lafayette smiled, nodding. "Okay Alex, thank you."

"Anytime Laffy Taffy," Alex said, sitting back on the bed, leaning on John. Lafayette looked over his shoulder at the two.

"You two have it easy, you were best friends. You got to skip the getting-to-know-each-other part when you started dating. You already knew each other so well. I actually have to jump that hurdle," Alex chuckled, threading his fingers with John's.

"Well, at least you don't have the barrier of the guy you like still trying to convince himself he's straight,"John glared down at Alex. "What? It's true."

Lafayette was still going through his closet, tossing assorted garments aimlessly to the floor. His face brightened as he found something in the back of the closet. "What do you think of this?" Lafayette turned to the two, showing him what he had found.

It was a pair of black skinny jeans and a lilac sweater. It was simple, but Laf liked it. Alex and John smiled brightly.

"You could kill in that Laf," Alex said encouragingly. John nodded, agreeing. "Now, put that down. Let's go get some food, you need to get out of the house anyway.

Lafayette nodded, letting Alex pull him out of his room and out of the apartment, John following close behind.

"Oh my gosh what should we get?" Alex asked, tugging on John's arm as they started walking down the sidewalk.

"Whatever you want babe, there are a few restaurants not far from here," John said, shrugging. Alex glared at him. "What?"

"You're making me choose!" Lafayette chuckled as the two bickered.

He really is thankful for these two assholes.

A/N: Thank you to the lovely people who commented on the last authors note. It made me smile. And I would take you up on your offers to talk, I'm just not good at making conversation, I'm awkward.