Epilogue

Hercules smiled as he glanced at Lafayette, taking in the beautiful face that belonged to his husband. The two got married only five years after Hercules got out of the hospital, and surprising enough Lafayette was the one to propose. Not that Hercules wouldn't have, he was already thinking of it before Lafayette took him out on that moonlight night and popped the question.

The two were sitting in the coffee shop, the one they had met in. It had always been a sort of nostalgic place for them, both remembering exactly what they ordered, both remembering the exact time they arrived.

"I love you," Hercules mumbled absentmindedly, looking down at their joined hands.

"Oui, I know," Lafayette said with a chuckle. Hercules faked a pout, retracting his hand from Lafayette's. "Okay okay," Lafayette said, grabbing Hercules' hand firmly. "I love you too, you know that," Lafayette glanced out the window, his smile faltering as he noticed the dark clouds looming over the city. They made him nervous, his attention turning back to Hercules, who seemed unfazed by the storm stirring up outside.

Hercules uncrossed his previously crossed legs. "Baby, relax."

"Relax? You're asking me to relax? I thought I'd be the one asking you that, mon amour. It's about to storm, you hate storms," Hercules nodded, kissing Lafayette's hand. "Am I the only one worried right now?"

"Yeah," Hercules stated blatantly. "It's just like the day we met, Laffy. It stormed, you took me to your place, I met John and Alex. It's just like that. Except..." Lafayette quirked an eyebrow.

"Except?"

"Except, I have you here with me. Nothing seems as scary when you're around," Laf blushed, smiling at Hercules' words. Hercules bit his lip, his legs crossing again. "I'm serious Laf. I know it sounds cheesy, but I really don't feel as scared with you around me. I love you."

"You keep saying that," Lafayette chuckled, shaking his head.

"And I keep meaning it," Hercules stated, squeezing Lafayette's hand. The two fell into silence as they both watched the storm unfurl, rain falling, thunder clapping. But it didn't bother them, it was almost like they were reliving the best moments of their lives.

And in all honesty, they were. It was in that same position, in that same table, that they fell in love. On that one grim day, many years ago, though neither of them knew it, they would meet the love of their lives.

And all it took was a storm.