Chapter 12 - Intrusion

Second update my dears! I'm doing this because may hanash na naman sa Twitter, and we all need some fluff. So This should be an indication that this chapter is feel good. 

If you will notice, my FicMaine character is very, very different from the past characters I've done. My past fics, show characters with weaknesses at the start of the story but they are able to overcome their weaknesses and get stronger as the story progresses. Here, FicMaine is strong from the start. She has insecurities but they do not work against her because she is able to work her way around her insecurities. She is aware of her limits and she realistically acts without going beyond her limits. 

I hope a character like her encourages women to be more courageous about expressing thoughts, feelings, and use instincts well. Women fail at relationships because we are always boxed in by norms. When a woman analyzes a man she's attracted to, weighs her options about what she can and cannot say, chances of getting hurt are less. 

Here, Maine will not open herself up to Richard if she knew he would take advantage. See, she does not mingle or make friends with the nasty girls in her office because she knows that if she gets close to them, they will use things she tells them against her. 

So, read on and relax. Hope you'll like this chapter. Enjoy and please comment below ha :)

Maine didn't need to be told who these people were. She felt the tension in Richard as he squeezed her a trifle too tightly. He answered in a tight voice.

"Yes, a month ago pa."

Tania eyed Maine from head to foot, taking in her appearance with a bit of disdain. She tapped her foot impatiently and faced Richard.

"Aren't you introducing us to her?"

Maine felt his body stiffen, and her heart went out for him.

Salbaheng tisay'to, ang lakas ng loob magmaganda. Hindi ako papayag na ganyanin mo boss ko, Nicomaine to the rescue.

Maine felt her protective instincts taking over. Her arms wrapped around his middle as she snuggled her body closer to his. They gazed at each other, a look of understanding passing between them. She smiled at him tenderly, and he kissed her on the forehead. His arm went around her shoulder as he looked back at Tania.

"This is Maine. Maine, these are my friends, Tania and Erick."

Maine noted how the term "friends" made both Tania and Erick cringe. Guilt, she thought satisfactorily.

"Uhmmm, RJ.......did you get our invitation?"

"Yes Tania, I did. We'll see you then."

For the first time, Erick spoke but with difficulty. He couldn't look at Richard straight in the eye.

"Sorry bro, naka-istorbo kami. Nice meeting you, Maine."

"Likewise Erick, and Tania?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For giving up RJ."

She tiptoed and kissed him on the cheek, and was rewarded with a hug. Disgusted, Tania walked away from them. A minute after she left, Richard still had his arms around her.

"Sir........Wala na sila."

"Wait lang......."

"Sir?"