Chapter 15 - The Agreement

Yay for one extra day to rest! I had so much fun reading comments for the past few chapters, surprised na benta yung attempt ko at humor.  Nakaka-inspire magsulat when I see that you guys are happy with what I wrote.

Have you ever been in a situation where you had to suppress feelings you felt for someone? I once met a guy in a party and we hit it off immediately, only to find out he was already taken. He was the cousin of my best buddy (if you remember, my best buddy was the one everybody thought was my bf), and since we moved within the same campus, I bumped into him sometimes. So imagine how difficult it is to see this guy and keep my distance, haha. Naging kami din in the end, but it was already months after he broke up with his girlfriend.  

Maine is focused on her priorities and it must be difficult to be so attracted to someone she feels is out of her league. Imagine the hardship of saying no when all you want is to give in to what you feel. That's the gist of this chapter, it's an inner struggle for her. For Richard, it's the effort of suppressing his emotions too, because he does not want to scare her away. Being a rich kid has its disadvantages and he feels the full brunt of it here.

Enjoy your day of rest, my dears :) 

The sweet taste of strawberry and the soft plumpness of her lips were a heady combination for Richard. He pulled her closer to him, seating her on his lap and supporting her back with his arms around her. The kiss went on and deepened, his tongue probed the insides of her mouth. She held on to him tightly, her hands clutching at his arms, her body snuggled against his. He wanted to do more, it was a heady experience to finally kiss her.

But good sense prevailed, and slowly, his lips detached from hers but his arms were still wrapped around her. She made a move to get off him but he stilled her. She was suddenly conscious and could not look at him.

"Maine, look at me."

"Uwi na ko sir."

She shivered a little, and it was then that he realized how big a gesture this kiss must be for her. Not wanting her to feel entrapped, he loosened his arms around her and allowed her to get up.

"Maine......pagusapan muna natin 'to, pwede?"

He pulled her back and made her sit a little distance away from him.

"Wala ka bang gusto sakin kahit konti? Did I just force myself on you?"

She merely shook her head and looked away. It looked like she was close to tears and he felt like kicking himself.

"Maine....say something."

"Sir.......hindi tayo bagay. I cannot give you anything....."

And that's when her tears fell. She stood up, not wanting him to see her like this. She wanted to escape from him because he scared her, he made her feel things she had no control over. Angrily wiping away her tears, cursing at her ineptitude, she walked to the first door she could find and turned the knob, frustrated to find it locked.

"Maine......wait."

"Sir......ayoko na, uwi na ko. Bayaan mo na ko umalis."

"Sandali lang, Maine. Kasi—"

"Sir naman ang kulit mo eh, uwi na sabi ako."

"Huy, kumalma ka...."

"Sir buksan mo 'tong pinto, alis na ko."

"Maine hindi ka makakauwi---"

"Buksan mo pinto please!"

"Kahit buksan ko yan di ka makakauwi, papuntang basement yan."