Chapter 33 - The Morning After

Good early morning my dears, I am posting really early because I'm avoiding traffic especially Mondays because coding ako. It takes me almost two hours to get to my office with what is normally a 25-minute drive only.  Traffic in EDSA is so toxic, thank goodness I don't work in Makati anymore. 

Anyway, in one of my bible studies, I was told by our prayer leader that the most dangerous of times is when we everything in our life is going great. I want to share this insight with you because it's really true. During times when everything is great, we forget to pray, we get so caught up in our happiness and it lowers down our guard. That's when the trial or challenge will hit us, and since we're not prepared, we get vulnerable.

The best time to pray is all the time, whether we're happy or not. I've learned that constantly talking with God, even about such mundane things as traffic, equipped me to face challenges without fear. The uncertainty still bothers me, but I know things are part of God's plan in the end.  

A painful challenge is about to strike our couple, and it will hit them when they least expect it. They are really happy now and it makes them blind to the perils around them. Read on, brace yourselves because the next few chapters will rock the boat. I hope this will not hurt as much as my previous fics, I will try to make it light. Sorry in advance my dears, this is needed in the story :)

Maine woke up to a heavy arm draped over her body, a large hand possessively cupping her breast underneath her shirt. She was torn between getting up to get ready for work and staying in bed to feel this hand on her breast knead her flesh each time she moved even just a fraction of an inch. His thigh was between her legs, her bum nestled against his hard-on, not exactly very encouraging for her to get to work.

She turned, wanting to bury her face in the warmth of his chest. He slept bare-chested with just boxers as cover. But she was not complaining, not even when she couldn't sleep because she was used to sleeping alone. She was so aware of his body so close to hers, his clean male smell was sooo distracting.

He looked angelic, especially while sleeping. His long and thick eyelashes fanned out on his cheeks, his mouth, slightly pouting with the lower lip puffed out, looked so inviting. She moved nearer to kiss him, careful not to disturb his slumber. Her lips touched his, pressing slowly then pulled away. She giggled silently when his lips puckered, as though wanting more. Again, she moved closer to kiss his mouth, and the moment her lips touched his, she was rolled to lie on her back, his mouth taking charge. Her hand grabbed at his hard-on inside his boxers, caressing the already moist tip. He suddenly moved away and laughed.

"Good morning wifey. Angdaya mo ha nandadakma ka."

"Wifey talaga ha?"

"Yes, that's where this will end anyway. Let go of me na, baby, I need to pee."

"Why are you afraid of me touching you here?"

"Because I promised not to take you yet and you're making it damn hard for me, no pun intended."

"Hmmmm....." She started jacking him, liking the power she had over him.

"Stop it Mainnnneeee....."

She laughed and let go when he started tickling her. He was flushed and breathing heavily when she moved away.

"Ughhhh, baby. Nabitin tuloy ako. I'll finish it sa shower."

"Yuck, kadiri kaaa...."

"Kadiri, pala ha.....Lika nga, I will make you eat—"

"Hala, eat what?"

"Your words.....What were you thinking.....you have a one-track mind Nicomaine."

He spanked her butt playfully before getting up, covering his hard-on as he went to the bathroom. She got some water from her dispenser and brewed some coffee, toasted slices of bread on the oven toaster. She took out her hazelnut spread and instant oatmeal, dissolving some and poured milk over it.

She grabbed her towel as soon as she heard the bathroom door open. He was already dressed in his undershirt and pants when he stepped out.

"I prepared breakfast, there's oatmeal or toast and nutella. Ligo lang ako, go ahead and eat na."

"Don't rush, we still have time. I'll wait for you."

They ate breakfast together, locked up and went on their way to work. Maine was worried about how she was going to get off the car without being seen by officemates.

"Just go out of the car sa parking na. Malay ba nila I saw you somewhere and picked you up."

"Ayoko na ng hassle kasi eh."

"Relax.....not everyone is after you. Just leave the car ng wala lang. It's ok."

She did as she was told, she stepped out of the car and walked nonchalantly towards the elevator, unaware that someone took photos of her.

The photographer was the same one who took her photos with Richard Sr. several months ago. And once again, the photos he took made him smile.

-----

Everyone was abuzz with the latest gossip in the office. Chona, Richard Sr.'s most trusted secretary for ten years, was resigning. Rumor had it that it was a forced resignation, and Maine had something to do with it. No one dared to voice out their criticism against Maine, her image drastically changed now that Chona was leaving. The secretaries who used to scorn her were now in awe of her, and her power of making undesirables go away. They now see her as someone to be careful of, and maybe someone to be friends with.

No one seemed to remember that the findings showed Chona guilty of forgery and estafa. For them, the story of Maine's power in the office was more palatable than Chona's breaking of company policies. They began speculating on why she was powerful, and how did she get to this stature. Some surmised she might be in a relationship with Richard, especially because she improved her wardrobe ever since he came on board. Some theorized Richard bought her things, sharing that once or twice, they'd seen how Richard was eying Maine with interest.

But Maine was oblivious to it all. She was looking for Billy, wanting to thank him for the help he extended in the audit exception case. She found him eating breakfast in the pantry with three more messengers.

"Billy......buti nakita kita. Pwede ka ba makausap sandali?"

She pulled Billy aside and squeezed his shoulder affectionately.

"Salamat sa tulong mo ha. Ang laki ng nagawa nung ebidensya para malinis ang pangalan ko."

"Wala yun Ms. Maine, maliit na bagay."

"Ilan ba yung tumulong sayo?

"Yan po, yung mga kasabay ko kumain."

"Sabihin mo sa kanila salamat ha. Nahihiya ako lumapit."

"Sige po."

It was Chona's last day. Yesterday, she did not go home as advised by Richard Sr. Instead, she stormed HR and appealed strongly for a reconsideration. But HR was adamant, it's either she resigned immediately or they would file a case against her for estafa. With no recourse left for her, she filed her resignation.

Despite the presence of an early retirement benefit for employees with at least ten years tenure, Chona's benefit was scrapped, because of her case. Her final pay would also be deducted with the amount she took to make a case against Maine. Things looked so bleak for her, and it seemed like there was no way for her to exact a payback from Maine. Until she received a text message.

An unknown number texted her, asking for a meet-up once she was out of the office. She was assured the meet-up would be worth her while, and since she was grasping at straws, she agreed. She arrived at their meeting place, anxiously wondering who this person could be. Then someone tapped her shoulder, making her look up behind her.

She smiled when she saw who it was.