Chapter 42 - Yuletide Cheer

Well hello, my friends. Are you still stoked from yesterday's ganap? I am still in a festive mood, because....TODAY NAMAN TALAGA YUNG ANNIVERSARY. And I am hoping and praying that they get to spend time together on their own today, kahit wala nang resibo. I am also excited for 2018 because Alden said something wonderful will be happening by then. Hihi. 

Anyway,  this is just a light chapter. I just wanted to show the dynamic between Maine and her mother, how transparent she is about the events in her life. Moms, no matter  what generation they came from, always know best. I used to challenge this but it's true. Moms will always know best because they raised us, and they have a sixth sense about what is good or bad for us. 

So listen to your moms even if you're already a mom yourself, their wisdom is golden. That wisdom stems from a mother's love, there will be nothing greater than that emotion. Read on and enjoy. Have a blessed Sunday folks :) 

Maine left for Bataan a day after the encounter with Attorney Clive. She took a leave for the rest of December, and would be reporting for work a day after Richard's birthday, even though she wasn't sure they would be spending that day together.

It was wonderful to be back home because her siblings were all there too. Her sister Nikki with husband and baby flew in from the US, her brother Nico also flew in from Singapore. Nicole took a leave from her job at the hospital and Dean was on Christmas break from school. They were all filed with stories to tell, and helped out with the brisk sales of Christmas goodies at the café.

Maine was glad of the distraction that kept her busy. She was still worried about Attorney Clive, and suffering from separation anxiety with Richard so far away. She tried to temper being clingy whenever they chatted through facetime. She wanted him to enjoy his time with his family in the US and not feel guilty leaving her behind.

"Anak, napansin ko malungkot ka ha. Nami-miss mo si RJ ano?"

"Pasensya ka na po. Pinipilit ko na pong huwag isipin kaso....."

"Boyfriend mo na ba?"

"Hindi ko nga po maintindihan kung boyfriend ko po siya ngayon eh."

She told her mom about the argument and what happened after, about reconciling with him but trying to hold back from investing too much of herself again into the relationship.

"Maine, nasa tamang edad ka na. Kailangan malinaw sa inyo pareho ang estado ng relasyon ninyo. Mukha namang nasa kamay mo desisyon, dahil ang sabi mo, susunod lang siya sa gusto mo."

"Nay, yung estado namin kasi ang talagang problema eh. Pag nalaman kasi sa office na boyfirend ko siya, iisipin nila na lahat ng natatamasa ko, hindi sa pagsikap ko galing. Iisipin nila idinaan ko sa relasyon namin yung pag angat ko. Sa ngayon nga po may attorney sa amin na binabastos ako."

She proceeded to tell her mom about what Clive did to her.

"Anak, sabihin mo na kay RJ yan. Nakakatakot ha. Nag-aalala tuloy ako sayo. Mamaya mag-isa ka sa condo, sundan ka tapos pasukin ka doon. Baka may sira pa sa ulo yan. Ano ba naman ang HR ninyo, may napapasok sa inyong mga hindi maganda ugali. Chona, tapos Rex tapos ngayon naman yang Clive na yan."

"Hindi naman po siguro mangyayari yun. Saka may security naman po sa condo."

"Kung hindi ikaw magsasabi kay RJ, ako magsasabi sa kanya. Baka akala mo ha, nasa akin ang cellphone number ni RJ. Nagtetext kaya kami."

"ANO PO???"

"Oo. Nagtetext kaya kami. Kinukumusta niya ko paminsan-minsan. Minsan naman ako nagtetext sa kanya, ikaw naman kinukumusta ko."