Chapter 59 - Two Become One

Ok, I know I said I didn't want to end this with a wedding but ficMaine cannot stay away from ficRichard anymore and so I was compelled to include even just a civil rites wedding to indulge them. They are finally getting hitched, and it's a beautiful union in its no frills simplicity. Maine's mother still has reservations about the union, despite giving her blessing, Maine is her youngest daughter after all, and she is reluctant to let her baby go.

This is the last chapter my dear readers, BIG THANK YOU for riding it out with me in this beautiful journey. I had so much fun doing this story because I saw how you all had fun. Sa uulitin ha? RJ and Maine will be back, and when they do, I hope the ride will be as sweet. Pero may epilogue pa tayo tomorrow, just a glimpse at what it will be like in book 2.

We're ending this with a bang, no pun intended, haha! Mangangapit-bahay tayo ulit. Enjoy! :)

She was putting finishing touches on her make-up when her mother knocked and entered her room. She had a sad look on her face as she sat on Maine's bed.

"Anak, pakakasalan ka naman talaga ni RJ next year. Bakit ka nagmamadali? Hindi ka pa pumapasa sa board, baka madistract ka pag nagsama na kayo."

She faced her mother and took both her hands. Her mother was a perpetual worrier, always imagining the worst, just like her.

"Nay, ayoko na mahiwalay kay RJ. Gusto ko lagi na kaming magkasama. Hindi naman kayo papayag na mag-live in kami diba? Ayaw ko rin po yon. Ikakasal pa rin naman kami sa church, next year."

"Sigurado ka na ba talaga? Ang bata mo pa eh. Tapos, paano ka nakakasigurado na mahal mo na talaga siya, enough para mag-commit sa kasalan? Baka mamaya sa hiwalayan mauwi ito eh. Baka nabibigla ka."

"Nay, mahal ko siya eh. This is it for me, siya lang talaga. Huwag ka na po mag-worry."

When she asked Richard for them to marry sooner than planned, he hugged her tightly, unable to speak. They stayed as one, arms wrapped around each other, both overwhelmed by the feelings they had for each other. When they disengaged, he cupped her face with his hands. She felt a lump in her throat as she spoke.

"RJ......I don't want us to have to sleep separately at night, or go home away from each other. I know I can do the things I want better if you're with me. Mas kaya ko pag kasama ka. Kahit civil rites lang, pwede ba? I know our parents still want a church wedding, but I can't wait till next year. Gusto na kita makasama."

"Yes, yes of course. I want the same thing. Kung alam mo lang yung lungkot pag iniiwan na kita sa condo."

"Can we get married in a month? Kaya natin ayusin lahat?"

"Yes, that can be done."

So now here they were. She dressed in a simple white lace dress, he in a light blue shirt and khaki pants, with their parents as witnesses. Maine refused any fanfare, she insisted it be reserved for when they have their church wedding. The judge to wed them was a friend of Richard's dad who lived in the Scout area in Quezon City. The ceremony was over in just half an hour, and they all enjoyed a hearty lunch together.

Maine was worried about her mother, who seemed in low spirits. Richard noticed this and pointed it out to his dad. The two men discussed and agreed to leave MaryAnn with Richard Sr. so that he could talk to her. After their lunch, Richard took Maine out of the restaurant on the pretext of needing to talk about something.

"May problema ba, Ann?"

"Nag-aalala ako sa anak ko. Ang bata pa niya para mag-asawa."

"What exactly ba ang inaalala mo?"

"Worried ako baka nabibigla lang sila. Mayaman kayo, hindi sanay ang anak ko sa way of life niyo. What if ma-realize niya hindi pala niya kaya mag-fit in? Kawawa naman ang anak ko."

"Ann.... do you really think malaki pagkakaiba namin sa inyo? We're just the same. Hindi kami high profile, we don't socialize much. Si Richard lalo, introvert yan eh. Mahal na mahal ng anak ko ang anak mo, give them a chance."

"Wala na rin naman akong magagawa eh. Kasal na sila diba?"

"Yes, but do you think they will be completely happy kung hindi buo ang blessing natin sa kanila?"

"Gusto mo ba talaga si Maine para sa anak mo?"

"Hello.....ako pa nga nag-reto na maging close sila. I liked Maine for Richard bago pa sila nagkakilala. I assigned Maine to him because I wanted her for him."

"Ikaw pala dapat kong sisihin eh."

"Uy grabe siya. Sorry na. Bawi ako date na lang tayo."

"Grabe ka, stop joking nagmo-moment ako."

"Ann, let the kids be happy, ok? Stop worrying. They love each other and see how happy they are. Pasasayahin na lang kita. Anong gusto mong gawin?"

"Arrgghhhh. Kulit mo."

"Pero natatawa ka na diba? Huwag mo pigilan baka kung saan lumabas yan."

"Fiiinneee. Sige, let's get the bill na."

"Tapos date na tayo."

"Sige."

"Sige? Talaga? Date ha, umoo ka."

"Oo na sige na baka magbago pa isip ko."

-----

They were in Sofitel for two nights, upon Maine's insistence not to go out of town. Serendipity Café had already opened and Richard's sister Rizza was gracious enough to man the fort while they were away. The Café itself was doing well for the past two weeks since it opened, and already it was getting to be a favorite date place in the vicinity it was in.

But what was more wonderful was the supply part of the business. They have gotten three restaurant chains already as clients and the steady flow of income it brought in was enough for them to consider a bigger commissary than the one they were using now. They were already considering purchasing another delivery vehicle to accommodate more clients, and hire more people too.

But for now, there was no thought of business in their minds. They were now man and wife, they now had the license to live together under one roof. They both felt their fear of losing each other ebb away, with the simple wedding bands that now adorn their hands.

Richard took her hand and pulled her close, trapping her in his arms.

"Mrs. Faulkerson......."

"Sarap pakinggan ha. Happy ka?"

"Yes, sobra. You?"

"Of course. Iisang bahay na uuwian natin, that's all I wanted. Pag-gising pa lang ikaw na kasama ko."

He nuzzled her neck, making her shiver. "We can make love every night."

"Grabe sa every night ha."

"Hmmmm......ayaw mo ng every night?"

"Gusto.......nakakahiya tayo."

"Hindi ha. Normal yan."

"Normal ba gawin sa bathtub?"

"Uyyyy......."

"I'm going to take a bubble bath, you're welcome to join me."

She pushed him gently to untie her robe and give him a peek. She was wearing nothing underneath.

A/N : Makiki-nood ba kayo sa wedding night?