Chapter 16 - Moment of Weakness

Good morning beshies! We're back to once a day updates, crunch time for me as I work and write during the day. I look forward to Girl Friday as a new adventure for me, the challenge to keep you entertained writing a romcom is such a nice experience.

In our moments of weakness, who do we look to for strength to help us go on? It seems easy for some because they have a reliable person to hang on to, but when you're usually the person people hang on to for strength, what happens when you're the one who wants to let your guard down to feel weak? Wouldn't it be nice to have a partner or friend who will allow you to be yourself and crumble, from time to time? 

Read on about the normally strong Maine who has her moment of weakness with Richard catching her crumble. Let me know what you think, should a woman rely on someone to be her wall of strength, or must she always remain strong by herself? 

Have a good workweek ahead :)

Richard and Maine sat at the right side of the church, the side of the groom. Tania looked beautiful in her strapless bridal gown, with the tiara and train. She walked down the aisle, her eyes searching and faltered as she and her parents passed Richard and Maine, her eyes meeting his. Richard nodded respectfully at her parents, his face looking calm and composed. There was no sign of heartbreak or despair in him, he looked like a normal guest in a wedding. Maine wondered what was running through his head right now? How does it feel to see his girl marry someone else? As though reading her mind, he squeezed her hand and leaned to whisper to her ear.

"I'm fine, Maine. Don't worry."

She twined her arm through his, making him look at her, surprised. Her nails were painted a delicate pink, the long graceful fingers wrapped around his arm. His hand covered hers, his smile gentle and adoring, as though he had eyes only for her. Bee and her team did a good job on her, making sure she was made up but still looking like herself. He was proud of her holding up quite nicely here in his circle, maybe even better than he was. He really hated socializing. But just this once, he wanted to show Tania and Erick that he wouldn't back down from this challenge of seeing them get married. Let the two of them bear the brunt of their actions.

Beside him, Maine was daydreaming about her wedding. When the time comes for her, she wanted it less grand, less people, and just keep everything simple. The ceremony wasn't that important for her, it was what came after.

Kung si sir kaya mapangasawa ko, papayag kaya siya na simple wedding lang?

Pwede....... kasi introvert eh, ayaw ng madaming tao.

Wait.....asa ka Nicomaine, kasal agad eh nagpapabebe ka na wag muna magflirt kemerut.

Hala, hindi pa naman ngayon, eh. Later pa, after ko mag-board pwede na.

Assumera.

"Sinong assumera?"

"Huh?"

"You said assumera."

"Oh.......sorry, I said that out loud pala. Wala, I just remembered somebody."

It was time to kiss the bride. Maine wanted to look at Richard, she badly wanted to see if he was okay, looking at his ex kiss someone else. His arm wrapped around her shoulders, his head bent low to whisper something to her.

"Kelan natin gagawin yan?"

"Kasal agad, sir?"

"Hindi......kiss lang. Eh magdate nga lang ayaw mo."

She looked at him and felt her stomach flutter.

Sige, tinitignan mo na naman ako ng ganyan. Parang nagsisisi tuloy akong nagpabebe pa ko na wala munang dating and ligawan kemerut.