Chapter 14 - Level Up

Second update my dears! I know some are eager to see what happened to Maine and Tania. I would like to assure you guys that Tania s not a problem, ayoko ng third party angle. Tania is just a trigger for something good to happen between the two, and you will find out what that is at the end of this chapter. 

Ang mga EQ niyo ha, don't scroll down and read the ending ahead, sayang naman yung element of surprise. 

Read on and see what I mean, dali na, I won't make too much talk anymore because I want you guys to read this, hahaha. I am so tickled pink with your comments, so sorry if I'm not able to answer all, but I read each and every comment, and my response is only to write more inspiring chapters with you guys in mind. 

Thank you for the love :)

Maine felt her face flush but maintained her composure. She knew there would be people in the office eager to see her downfall. She kept her composure and smiled at Tania as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

"Yes I am. Richard's out on a meeting but will be done in a few minutes. Would you like to wait for him?"

"Uh.....yeah, I guess I'll wait."

"Can I get you anything? Coffee?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Ok, you can wait for him in one of our meeting rooms, this way please."

After showing Tania the way to the meeting room, Maine alerted Richard on Tania's arrival. After a few minutes, Richard was done with his meeting and went straight to Maine to see if she was ok.

"Where is she? Are you ok?"

He saw the forced smile in Maine's face, the struggle to make light of the situation.

"She's in Meeting Room A. Don't worry, I'm fine."

"What did she say to you?"

"Nothing."

"Maine..........Tell me." His gentle voice made her feel sorry for herself.

Hindi mo siya boyfriend ok? Wag ka mag-ilusyon na he's your knight in shining armor. Wala kang karapatan so don't expect anything.

"Maine........I swear, I will hug you right now if you don't tell me."

"Sir.....wala siyang sinabing masakit, ok? She was just surprised that I'm your secretary."

"Fuck, knowing her, I know how she reacted."

He turned away from her and walked towards the meeting room to see Tania. She stood up upon seeing him and kissed him on the cheek. When he was about to move away, her arms went around his waist.

"RJ...........can we stop this na? Please forgive me, I want you back."

"What are you doing here, Tania? Where's Erick?"

"I don't know where is is........somewhere, whatever. Talk to me. I don't think I can push through with the wedding, RJ. I want to call it off."

He unwrapped her arms around his body and moved away from her, gestured for her to sit down. He was able to look at her objectively now, noticing how pretty she still was, but the attraction was truly gone.

"Tania, you're just going through wedding jitters. I guess that's normal."

"Don't you want me back? You were devastated when we broke up."

"I was sad, Tania. But I wouldn't call myself devastated. You ended two friendships with what you and Erick did to me."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just wanted to have more time with you, I was teaching you a lesson. You were always too busy. I wanted you to beg me to take you back. Why didn't you fight for me?"