Chapter 13 - Condescension

Great day ahead of us my dears. Woke up bright and early to see that we have now jumped in ranking to #19! THANK YOU SO MUCH. 

I'm also pleased with the response for the last chapter, haha ang saya. Our favorite couple is slowly falling for each other without them noticing, and it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for them from hereon. But here comes the dreaded morning after, and Maine is made vulnerable by something she said. The worry of putting herself out there, the possibility of being taken advantage of, are surely giving her reason to feel defensive. 

Let's see how she handles herself in this conversation with her boss. Read on and let me know what you think, should she just let Richard woo her regardless of their social standing?  How can you protect your heart against a potential disaster when someone pursues you so nicely?

Enjoy reading my dears, and don't forget to give the Lord time to be thankful :)

Maine was so embarrassed about her boo-boo last night. She did not want to hear him ask the question and pre-empted him by apologizing first before he could say anything.

"Sir....sorry about that. Nabigla lang ako."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"I'm impulsive and I say things, I'm sorry po. Baka I'm making you feel uneasy."

"Wait......are we talking about the same thing?"

"What are you referring to, sir?"

"That thing with Tania and Erick."

"Oh. Yes. That. Ahhhh, I was referring to that also."

Gahhhhh. Iba yung tinutukoy ko pero buti di niya nahalata.

"Why are you apologizing for helping me out? Or were you referring to something else?"

"Sir.......ah, uhm......I took..... liberties kasi. I hugged you, without your permission."

"Why did you do that? Naaawa ka ba sakin?"

"No! I just wanted to help you at that moment sir."

"What do you know about me, Maine? What's the gossip in the office about me?"

She bit her lip and looked at him uncertainly. How would she tell him that she got her info from his dad? She suddenly noticed he was staring at her lips.

"Maine, will you please stop biting your lip? It's distracting me. C'mon...... don't hold back, what is the gossip?"

"Sir........all I know is Tania is your ex and Erick is your best friend. And now they're.......together."

"Hmmm..........hindi ka talaga tsismosa. Sige I'll tell you what the gossip is and it's true. They're getting married next month."

"Oh......I don't know what to say."

"Sus.......I'm over it don't worry. I will admit though, they took me by surprise last night. I've never seen them together in the flesh. And you know what? It wasn't so bad because you were with me."

She rolled her eyes and slapped her forehead.

"Sir RJ.......you have to stop saying things like that."

"Like what?"

"It wasn't so bad because I was with you? Sir........Are you're flirting with me?"

"What? Do I look like I'm flirting? I'm just telling the truth. I'm not a player, Maine."

"How can you not be one when you always say the right things?"