Chapter 31 - Sweetness

As promised, beshies....my second update for the day. I promise dharot, and you will get it. I hope this finally makes up for my joke on you guys last time. Just to manage expectations, still keeping true to my promise not to go all the way, but harot nonetheless :)

Have fun reading and please keep the comments coming. I love how you all are so engaged. Thank you for the inspiration, more than 100k reads na tayo, and more than 18k votes. I am overwhelmed with the response, maraming salamat :)

The day seemed too slow for them after the tension of the audit exception was finally over. Maine just wanted to go home and cuddle with her boyfriend, her boss. She smiled at the thought.

Naalala kaya niya na second monthsary namin today? Ok lang naman if he forgot, ang dami na niyang nagawa para sakin. This time, ako naman.

She arranged with the Italian restaurant across her condo to deliver pizza and some chicken at her condo by 8:00 in the evening. She also had a gift for Richard, something she made for him herself. She was nervous to give it to him, she hoped he would appreciate it because it wasn't an expensive gift.

She went down ahead, as usual, making sure that no one saw her enter his Q7. The tint was dark enough, it was just a matter of getting in without being seen. Tonight, Manong Rod was sent home early, it would be Richard driving. She went in with the spare key, settling at the back seat and was surprised to find a bouquet of flowers inside. She took out the card and tried to read it in the dark with her phone light.

"Happy second monthsary, baby! You probably thought I forgot, but I remember it as clearly as I remember our first meeting, our first kiss. I love you."

She hugged the flowers close to her, careful not to crush them. The door opened and Richard slipped into the driver's seat. He reached behind him to pull her for a lingering kiss. After breathlessly tapping him to let go for air, he released her and winked to start the vehicle.

"Thank you for remembering sir."

"Did you like the flowers?"

"I love them, ang ganda."

"Lipat ka dito sa harap."

She gamely transferred to the front without getting down from the car. Thankfully her dress had a full skirt and she was wearing flats. He just looked at her when she settled in front beside him.

"Bakit sir?"

"Wala......ang ganda mo talaga."

"Iiieeeeehhhhhh."

"Hahahaha, you're blushing, ang cute."

"Lika na.....I ordered food to be delivered. Baka hindi tayo umabot."

He drove like a madman on the road, speeding where it was possible. Traffic was not so bad along C5, they arrived at the condo in less than two hours. As they were going inside the building, Maine noticed Richard carrying a bag.

"Ano po yan?"

"Damit ko."

She smiled at him brightly.

"Is that what I think it means?"

"Yes, on one condition though."

"May kundisyon pa? Ano?"

"Dapat sa condo and bahay ko may damit ka din."

She blushed at the thought of spending the night with him in his house or condo. He was observing her closely, amused at what she must be thinking.

Note to self, Nicomaine. Bili ka ng magagandang panty at bra, yung mga terno na may lace chu-chu. Di pwede iwan dun yung mga granny panties na pang ipit ng puson.

She excused herself to take a shower while he waited. The bell rang, it was the food delivery and Maine, went out of the bathroom still wrapped in a towel, rushing to beat Richard from paying the bill.

"Sir......ako magbabayad. Treat ko 'to."

She quickly gave the envelope to the delivery guy before Richard could even reach for his wallet. Richard took the bags of food and laid them on the table, trying to avoid looking at Maine. She rushed to the kitchen counter and got out some bowls and plates.

"Maine.........uang na loob, get dressed."

"Huh.....oh, sorry. Sige, sige....."

"Pa-shower din ha."

"Sure, you need a towel?"

"Yes, borrow ha."

She gave him a fresh towel and dressed up while he was in the shower. She wore denim cut-offs and a sleeveless shirt, tying her hair in a neat ponytail. Just as she was finished applying lotion on her arms and legs, the bathroom door opened.

He stared at her bare face and damp hair, the sweet smell of her permeating his nostrils. She looked good enough to eat, and his control was already paper thin.

She looked at him from across the small space, the bed between them. His hair was in wet spikes, the white t-shirt he wore clung to his taut body.

He walked over to her, a serious look on his face. When they were just a foot apart, his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Maine...."

A/N : Kita tayo sa kabila......have fun :)