Chapter 51 - Birthday Surprise

Hello my favorite people! I just wanted to say thank you  for still sticking it out up to this point. Girl Friday will be ending soon, I don't want to extend it too long just for the ranking, but rather, I want to end it with substance. We have maybe around ten chapters more, that's a bout one more week, so hang in there, ok? 

On a different note, I have a new fic coming in September, and I'm just as excited to share that with you all! It's going to be another rom-com (sana maitawid ulit) and the plot is exciting. I will post a teaser later, and another update for Girl Friday also later.

So, let's build up towards the ending, shall we? Hope you enjoy this chapter, naiyak ako while doing it, hope you get the same emotion I got when I wrote this :)

Maine was napping on Richard's shoulder when the pilot announced that they were landing. Today was her birthday, and Richard surprised her with a trip to Batanes, one of her dream destinations. This was one of the reasons why he had been on the phone a lot. He was planning a getaway for both of them, and one of the people he called was her mother, to ask permission for them to travel together.

It was still early in the morning, just a little over 8:00. The flight was not full and they got their baggage easily. A car was waiting for them, ready to drive them to Fundacion Pacita Batanes Nature Lodge. It was a bit windy but Maine liked it, this was her dream coming true, and she was finally here with someone she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

She looked at him awestruck. The epiphany surprised her, it was like a certainty that settled in her heart. The man in front of her was her end game. She knew that people could question her for thinking of such permanent plans while she was still so young, but why would she search for more when she already found what she was looking for? There wasn't anything greater or better. He was it for her.

"Hey. Everything ok?"

She looked at him and smiled.

"I just realized something."

"What?"

"I'll tell you when we get to our room."

Maine was eager to see their hotel, she read up on the place and was touched that Richard chose this lodge after painstaking research to find a place she would really like. Fundacion Pacita used to be the home of a Pacita Abad, a world-famous Ivatan painter whose artworks include painting a bridge in Singapore before she died of cancer in 2004.