Chapter 23 - Adjustment Phase

Hola beshies! So sorry for the late than usual update, I got so swallowed up by AMACon, naubusan akong lakas mag-update here. But I've submitted already and am back, pero since weekdays pa, we'll be having once-a-day updates muna, then twice-a-day updates ulit on the weekend.

I bet you're excited to see how our couple will face their first day at work together. Who wants to make a fearless forecast: havey ba o waley? Let me know if your guess was the same as what actually transpired, ok?

Have a great week ahead :)

It was their first day to interact as a couple at work. Maine wanted to look her best, to make Richard proud of her even if they agreed not to openly flaunt their relationship. She wore a fitted, sleeveless royal blue dress that showed off her slim figure nicely. She partnered the dress with nude pumps and a chunky bangle, her hair up in a flirty high ponytail. A black blazer completed her look.

Manong was already waiting for her when she got down her building. Surprisingly, Richard was already inside the vehicle when she entered.

"Sir! Good morning," She said sweetly.

"Good morning. Kumusta, did you sleep well last night?"

"Ok lang. Nagulat ako bakit kasama ka na?"

"Gusto ko kasi magbreakfast tayo together. Ok lang ba?"

"Of course naman."

He took her hand and kissed it, sending her shivers up her spine.

Grabe pano kaya ako magsusurvive buong araw ng ganito? Parang ang hirap naman magpigil ng kilig.

"Baby, di mo alam schedule ko today because you were on leave. Chona took care of my sked while you were away. Just email me the sked ha, kasi di ko din alam what my day will be like."

"No problem sir."

He looked at her and whispered, "Alam mo tuwing binabanggit mo yung salitang sir, iba naaalala ko."

She blushed a furious red and elbowed him.

"Grabe ka sakin. Sige, boss na lang tatawag ko sayo."

"Ayoko nga. Happy na ko sa sir. Lalo na pag mahaba yung pagkasabi mo, yung parang....sirrrrrr. Shet."

"Pag di ka tumigil bababa na ako."

"Ang pikon naman ng baby ko."

"Ayoko na niloloko mo ko eh."

"Huy. Joke lang."

"Baka naririnig ka ni manong eh."

"Hindi, bingi kaya yan. Subukan mo tawagin ng normal lang, hindi yan lilingon."

"Maski na."

"O sige, sige..... titigil na ko."

They reached the office with an hour to spare for breakfast. The aircon was still off in the building, forcing Maine to remove her blazer. As they were on their way down, Richard frowns upon seeing her.

"Wait....wait. We're not going down with you dressed like that."

"Huh? Dressed like what?"

"Asan ang blazer mo, bat mo hinubad?"

"Sir, wala pang aircon, ang init pa dito sa office."

"Baby naman, look at yourself, kitang kita yung shoulders mo, tapos hapit na hapit sa body. Shit, ang lalim pa ng likod! At talagang tinaas pa buhok ha."