Fourteen

I didn't speak to Diana at all last night. I guess I feared that what I was thinking was true.

That she was actually in love with Choji!

I honestly couldn't sleep at night. I don't know what to do! Choji clearly has no idea and if he did I don't know what he'll think.

He will probably not believe me and then he will disappear and never show himself at home. However I'm not going to tell him because things will get awkward and I wasn't sure of her true feelings. Maybe I misinterpreted Diana.

I hoped that this was true.

*****

Amir stood in front of me, glaring. His hands gripped his hips. He pointed at me, "Listen, if you're going to keep on coming late, I'm going to have to rebuke your lunch break."

I frowned. "This is my second time."

Amir's eyes widened. I knew he couldn't believe that I was actually arguing with him. "Like I said. Lunch break so don't push it."

I rolled my eyes. "But Amir seriously this was a family m-"

"Okay lunch break had been revoked. You no longer will be eating out in the dining area." He folded his arms over his chest.

I scoffed as I looked at him unbelievably. "Where am I supposed to have my lunch then?"

Amir chuckled as if he enjoyed this torture. He ushered with his head. "Over there."

I looked over and saw he was talking about his office. "You can't be serious."

Amir narrowed his eyes as he neared closer. "Oh I'm serious. Dead serious."

"You know?" I looked at him accusingly. "I'm starting to get just a teensy bit annoyed with you." I felt my hands ball into a fist.

Amir scoffed loudly. "The feeling is mutual Assistant Malak."

I gave him one last glare before heading back to my desk. I made sure he heard how mad I was because I pressed really hard on the key board.

******

At lunch, I dreadfully grabbed my food and dragged myself to Amir's office. I plopped myself in front of him because that was the only chair available.

Amir ignored me and continued to eat his food. He basically had rabbit food. It was just balled up rice and raw carrots.

I looked at my mine and it was warm rice with a piece of  seasoned chicken and fried veggies. I also had a can of Pepsi because it was my favorite soda. I had it occasionally.

I subconsciously pushed my food towards him and took his sad looking food. "Let me try yours and you can try mine." I suggested as he watched me carefully.

Amir sighed. "I really don't want any of yours Malak." He pushed it back but I stopped him. He then finally gave in and started eating. I could tell he liked the food even though he didn't speak.

I eagerly grabbed my own spoon and dug into Amir's food. As soon as I tasted the food in my mouth, immediate regret washed over me.

It was as if I had poured a mouthful of salt into my mouth. I quickly started gagging and choking on the rice. I immodestly got up and ran to the nearest trash can to spit it out.

Amir's deep warm laughter burst out and filled the large empty room. He slapped his knee and double over in hysterical fits of laughter.