Chapter 12: Rings that Warp Space

I just realized this, but I keep not referring Latios by his nickname, Jet. Whoops! My bad! XD
I think I'll keep referring to him as such just to not confuse anyone, but when I do a team bio, I'll refer to him as Jet. I don't know. Haha! I feel a little stupid, but oh well. It happens. XD. (I'll probably just refer to him as Jet and go back and make changes later to my mistakes. lol) Also, this story should be finished by next week, so look forward to that! Happy reading! ^.^

-------------------------------------------------

I felt myself being woken up by someone who was shaking me back and forth. Once I opened my eyes, I saw that it was Jet. I didn't say anything. I stretched out my arms before standing up. Zinnia had out her Salamence, Courtney had her Swellow, and Steven had his Skarmory. We didn't say anything as we knew that it was time to go, so I got onto Jet's back before we took off into the sky.

The plan was to divide and conquer. Courtney and I would enter the place from the roof whereas Steven and Zinnia would enter through the main entrance. From there, we would go through the hideout until we met up in the main hallway on the second floor. Then we would evacuate everyone out from the roof, which was going to be the hardest part. While we would be doing that, we would also be making sure that the place would get destroyed as we left. It was going to be a little difficult to pull off, but it had to be done. That way, the place wouldn't be used for anything terrible again.

Once Courtney and I landed on the roof, we each sent out some more of our Pokemon. I sent out Kipz and Pixie while Courtney sent out her Volcarona, Typhlosion, and Espeon. Afterwards, we entered the hideout. When we did, we noticed that something was not right. In every room we went to there was nothing. No Pokemon or people. Just abandoned equipment. What's going on? Where is everyone? I thought. As soon we reached the second floor we ran into Steven and Zinnia who both looked just as confused as Courtney and I.

"There's no one here," Steven commented.

"Hey Sapphire? Are you sure Blaise said it was here?" Courtney asked.

I nodded my head. "I am. He told me it was here, but it looks like everyone is gone."

"Well...there's still one more place to check," Zinnia said before she motioned us over to a wall. She then slammed hard on the side of it to reveal a secret passageway.

"Wow!" I exclaimed. "Hey! Why didn't you mention this before?"

"I didn't think to, but we might not have a choice. Let's go!"

Before we could say anything to her Zinnia had already taken off down the stairs with Aster, so we followed after them.

The passageway was dark and damp, and it eventually led us below the hideout. The tunnel underneath had water flowing in it, and it was very damp. We could barely see anything. However, there were many Lanturn and Chinchou in the water, so that gave us some visibility. Eventually, we came across a door that then led us inside a dimly lit hallway. Once we entered the hallway though, I felt something strange. It didn't feel right, and I knew that we had to get out of there.

"Um...I think we should get out of here..." I started before looking over to my Pokemon and Noibat. They were all looking a bit nervous and Noibat's ears were twitching. Her ears then perked up before she started crouching down out of fear.

"There's something here, and it's scary!"

"What do you hear?" Courtney asked just before an explosion went off near us. When the smoke cleared we all looked up to see someone standing in front of us with a Drapion. I couldn't tell who they were, as they wore a large black cloak and a mask that concealed their entire face and body.