Chapter 14: Binding Powers

I'm trying not to rush through the story, but it was meant to be short. I'm still taking my time with it, but I want to move on at this point. It will be done soon though! Happy reading guys! ^.^

--------------------------------------------

"Blaise...What do you mean?" Courtney asked.

"I meant what I said...I can't control my powers...anymore..."

I then noticed something on the monitor that I didn't know what it was for. The graph on it seemed to be increasing, and it was increasing rapidly at that. Oh no! Could that be reading the energy that comes from his powers?

All of a sudden, the restraints opened that were around Blaise's wrists and legs and he collapsed to the ground.

"Blaise!" Courtney cried.

"What's he going to do?" Ruby asked, his voice filled with fear.

"I don't know," I answered.

We both turned back when we heard someone screaming in pain. It was Blaise. He held his hands over his ears as he screamed in pain, and when I looked back at the monitor, I saw his heart rate had gone up and the other monitor had numbers that were so high that it looked like the monitor was about to go berserk.

"Blaise! Calm down!" Courtney cried, but it was no use. He didn't respond.

What do we do? I thought. He's suffering. Whatever Team Plasma did to him, it clearly hurt him.

"Use the bracelets..."

We all looked at him in shock as he slowly started to stand up.

"What?" I asked.

"...the table...put them...on...me..." he said slowly before he looked at us. His eyes had an unearthly green glow in them. He was just about to lash out at us, but the Courtney sent out a Pokemon of hers that I had never seen her use before.

"L-Lapras! Use Sing!"

Lapras started humming a soothing melody that started to surround Blaise before he started to stagger backwards. Courtney then turned back to us. "This won't hold for long! Get those bracelets!"

Ruby and I nodded our heads before we ran over to the table to get them. As soon as we each picked on up, we realized that they were heavier than we though. They were at least ten pounds each. How will these stay on his wrists?

We then brought them over to where Blaise was struggling to break free of Sing's grasp on him, and then we opened each of the two bracelets before closing them over his wrists. Just then, the small glass screens on the bracelets began to glow green before Blaise collapsed to his knees. Courtney then ran up to him and unhooked the monitors from his arms and face before she began to slowly help him stand up. When I saw his face, I could see that he no longer had the unearthly green glow in his eyes and was instead replaced with tiredness. I also noticed that behind the hair that usually covered his right eye, there was a scar that I had never seen before.

"Blaise! Are you alright?" Courtney asked.

He slowly nodded his head. "Yes. Thank you. All of you."

He then slowly looked up at me. "I know I apologized before, Sapphire, but I will do it again. I am terribly sorry about what happened when we first met. I think I know why I did it."

"Was it because of your powers?" I asked, as I instantly knew what he was referring to.

"I believe so, but I wasn't sure then. Now...I am very positive. And Sapphire?"

"Yes?"

"You have my gratitude. I know that I might have seemed like I lied to you earlier about where we were, but that was before Team Plasma relocated us here."

"Blaise, it's fine. I forgive you," I said.

I then saw a small smile form on his face. It probably must have gave him some closure, and it did for me as well. I had the feeling that we could probably become friends now.

"Alright," Blaise said. "Now let's find Steven."

"You know he's here?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah, because of my powers. Perhaps I should also thank Team Plasma for making these things," Blaise said as he looked down at the bracelets. "They made them to restrain my powers, but little do they know, I can still use them."

"But won't you go berserk if you do?" Courtney asked with a little concern in her voice.

"No, I guess they made these powerful enough to do that, but not powerful enough to fully restrain them. Now let's see here..." he said before he began concentrating, closing his eyes. They then flew open when he discovered something. "I know where to find him. Follow me!"

Before we did, Courtney stopped Blaise before handing him his Poke Balls. He then smiled at her and I noticed that they both said something to each other, but quiet enough to where I could barely hear them.

"I'm glad you're safe, Blaise."

"Me too," he responded before he kissed her on her forehead.

After that we all left the room, but just as we did, I noticed that Blaise grabbed something off of the table and slipped it into his pocket.

"Could someone explain to me what just happened?" Ruby asked.

"Um...later," I said, mainly because I didn't understand what he meant by that. Blaise's powers? Blaise and Courtney's relationship? Or what Blaise grabbed off of the table before we left the room, that now that I thought about it, the device reminded me of the Scanner that Team Magma had stolen once. That didn't matter though, as now we had to concentrate on finding Steven.

We then stopped in front of a large door, and Blaise nodded his head. "He's in here, but there are some Team Plasma members inside so we'll have to be cautious."

Just then a ring appeared, which caught us off guard, and Wally, Zinnia, and Aster came out of it.

"Looks like we caught up to you just in time," Zinnia said.

"Zinnia! Wally!" I exclaimed. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to help you," Wally said as he sent out his Blaziken, Speedy. I then returned all of my Pokemon to their Poke Balls, except Kipz, and Ruby sent out his Sceptile, Leaf.

"Let's go in," I said.

-----------------------------------------

Courtney's Team as of Chapter 14:

Volcarona(female), Level 70, Ability-Flame Body, Nature-Calm, Moves: Psychic, Flame Dance, Bug Buzz, and Flamethrower

Ninetales(female), Level 63, Ability-Flash Fire, Nature-Rash, Moves: Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Protect, and Sunny Day

Typhlosion(female), Level 64, Ability-Blaze, Nature-Bold, Moves: Eruption, Swift, Lava Plume, and Solarbeam

Espeon(female), Level 68, Ability-Magic Bounce, Nature-Serious, Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, and Protect

Swellow(male), Level 61, Ability-Guts, Nature-Mild, Moves: Fly, Heat Wave, Steel Wing, and Aerial Ace

Lapras(male), Level 55, Ability-Water Absorb, Nature-Hasty, Moves: Water Pulse, Perish Song, Ice Shard, and Sing