Chapter 7: The Escape

Wow...it has been months and a lot has happened. I have a long weekend to not do much...except play Fire Emblem Awakening because I can. Oh, and write more since I haven't done so in a while, so here we go! More awesome stories! Hopefully I can pull everything together since I need to dust off my ideas that have hardly been thought about lately. XD

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Steven?! And Courtney?! What are you two doing here and...and-"

"No time to answer that Sapphire," Courtney interrupted, "We have to get out of here right now."

Before I had anytime to respond Steven grabbed me by the wrist and we all started running down the hallway.

"Wh-what is going on? Can someone give me an explanation?" I asked.

"We are rescuing you," Courtney answered.

"That's not good enough!"

"Courtney proposed that she and Steven team up in order to rescue you. Is that a better answer?" Jet asked.

"Yes, but why?"

Before he could answer back Courtney stopped running when she got to a four way corridor and we all stopped behind her.

"What is it?" Steven asked.

She held up a finger to her lips to warn us to be quiet. Then she she threw a Poke Ball out in the middle of the hallway and a small black and red fox-like Pokemon came out in blue and white lights. All of a sudden the Pokemon transformed into an Umbreon before it started bouncing around the hallway. I then saw a few Pokemon start chasing after it and they all fled down the hallway.

"Okay, now that Zorua has them occupied let's head this way," she said as she motioned her hand to follow her, so we did.

We crossed the hallway and as we were headed down I looked back to make sure that there were no enemies behind us, and there weren't so that was a small sigh of relief for me.

Once we got to another four way corridor we stopped so we could catch our breaths. When I finally felt a little more relaxed I looked at Courtney to see her setting some Poke Balls on the ground next to where she was sitting.

"So, could someone fill me in? What did I see back there and now what are you planning?" I asked.

"What you saw back there was Zorua's Illusion ability in affect, and now I am getting ready to capture those Pokemon who were chasing after it."

"Capture the Pokemon? Hey! I thought we were only coming in here to rescue Sapphire! Not go on a Safari Zone catching spree!" Steven exclaimed which surprised me a little.

I saw that Courtney didn't even flinch and then as she stood up with a Poke Ball in hand she said, "It's not what you think. You saw what happened to Latios. Those Pokemon are under that same affect of Hypnosis, so I'm going to catch them and then release them once we get to a safer place."

"Why?"

"I care about what happens to these Pokemon, so I wish to not see them suffer. Now stop talking. My Pokemon and I need to concentrate."

He nodded his head and we watched as Courtney slowly peered around the corner.

"Okay...Espeon, Volcarona...now!"

Then her Volcarona flew into the middle of the hallway's intersection before firing a Bug Buzz just as Zorua jumped behind the Sun Pokemon started emitting loud sound waves towards the direction where Zorua came from. Then Courtney threw two Poke Balls at once while Espeon sent the rest flying down the hallway. She then waited a few seconds before Zorua came running up to her and leaping into her arms.

"Great work! Thank you, Zorua!" she said smiling.

"No problem!"

I stared at the two of them as I was a little shocked. I had never seen Courtney act so joyful before, especially when she was around her Pokemon. She was definitely not the same person who I had seen as an enemy before, or maybe it was but she never showed it because we were enemies.

"Um...Sapphire?" Steven asked, his voice snapping me out of my thoughts, "Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong."

"Then why were you staring off into space?"

"I uh...no reason. I was just thinking. That's all!"

"If you're done thinking, then let's move. It won't be long before we run into Team Plasma," Courtney said before she went around the corner. Steven and I followed after her and before we started on the move again Courtney picked up the Poke Balls, with Espeon's help, and put them into the bag she had with her. Afterwards, we started running down the hallway and it wasn't long until we came to a door where two Team Plasma member were waiting for us.

"Jet! Dragon Pulse!" I said and Jet fired a teal colored orb at them which blew them away and blasted through the door to reveal that it was the exit that lead outside.

As soon as we exited outside I looked around to see that it was nighttime and that we were on a rocky plateau near the Shoal Cave. Everything seemed so peaceful and in the distance I could see the sun starting to rise from the horizon.

"Shoot! Okay, we need to go now!" Courtney said as she recalled Volcarona, Espeon, and Zorua to their Poke Balls before sending out her Swellow, "If they see which way we leave we're done for!"

Steven and I could sense the urgency in her voice, so I quickly climbed onto Jet's back while Steven sent out his Skarmory, and a few seconds later we were all flying through the sky.

As we started I looked back at the building where Team Plasma were I saw something flying towards us in a hurry. It was Noibat!

"Noibat? What are you doing here?" I asked as she caught up to us.

She then landed on top of my head and tried speaking through her short breaths, "I...I wanted...to come...with you..."

I looked up at her and smiled, "Really? That's very considerate of you. So does that mean you won't mind the danger?"

"No...not...at all..."

"Then you're welcome to come with me," I said before I let out a loud yawn.

"Tired, Sapphire?" Jet asked, "You can take a nap if you want. I'll make sure that you don't fall off."

"That would be great. Thank you, Jet," I said yawning as I closed my eyes, "I didn't realize I was...so tired..."