Hope is Power

My vision blurred. "No....." I croaked as I watched the scene unfold. "No....."

Link was dying. He was dying right in front of me and I couldn't help him.

"Link....." I tried again. My voice was barely above a whisper, but I knew he heard me. "Do you.......do you remember when.....you helped me pass that test in fourth grade by cheating? You......you felt so bad......you turned yourself in...." Link groaned.

Ganondorf chuckled. "You're delusional," he snorted, taking his foot off of Link and turning towards me. "Don't you understand that your world is falling apart?"

"I do...." I whispered. "But I refuse to believe it...... I still have hope....." I crawled to Link and held him in my arms, his bloodied face so desperate and hopeless it twisted my stomach into knots. "I have hope.....that we will make it out alive and......and that you will be stopped. Hope.....is my ally."

"Hope?" He roared. "Hope?! You are pathetic."

"I have hope," I continued softly. "That the Triforce will come back...... And help us."

I glanced at my hand, noticing the dry, bloody skin, the cracked and chipped nails, the nervous shake. But, wiping away the blood, I found the familiar glow of the Triforce on it.

"It has come back to me, Ganondorf," I declared, pushing myself to my feet dizzily. "And this time..... This time, you will not take it from me so easily."

I felt a surge of energy shoot through my body, enveloping me in overwhelming power. Magic crackled from my fingertips and I hovered inches above the ground. I bent down and reached for Link's hand, sending magic coursing through his body. It reacted violently with my own, sparkling and crackling. But it did what I wanted it to.

He opened his eyes, a renewed fire burning brightly inside.

_-_-

My eyes forced themselves open. I stood up, still bloody and weak but with a renewed zeal. I wouldn't die today.

I summoned my magic to make a recreation of my sword. I swung quickly, Ganondorf just barely dodging.

"Ganondorf, your reign of terror is over." I spoke in a voice that wasn't my own. It was a bit strange, but I walked toward Ganondorf, my eyes shining. I swung, and the blade hit his shoulder. Immediately, he disappeared.

The magic wore off and I slumped to the ground, barely conscious. Zelda ran to me.

"What just happened?" She asked.

"I'm not entirely sure, Zel," I replied in a whisper. My strength had faded and I was back to my old self.

"I'm afraid that he'll be able to come back."

"Me too. But we'll be ready for him next time."

My head was swimming. I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. Zelda gently pushed the hair out of my face.

"Zel..."

"I'm here, Link."

"I..couldn't say it before, but... I love you. I always have."

She smiled. "I have too, Link. When you moved away it took me months to find friends. It was impossible to replace your friendship."

I gave a weak smile. "Why...why did you bring up that one time?"

She blushed a little. "Well, you had such courage. Willing to accept any punishment in order to make it right. I wanted to give you some of the courage that you had as a kid. You needed it."

"Thank you, Zelda."

"Anytime. But right now, we gotta get back to the Sheikah Lands quickly. They'll all be worried about us."

"Oh, right. Give me a sec."

I reached out to Saedi.

Saedi? Are you there?

Yes. Are you and Zelda okay?

Yeah, we are. We're going to be there soon. Keep the kids safe, we're okay for now.

Okay, if you're not here by nightfall, I'm coming after you. It's my duty.

Alright, we'll see you soon.

I opened my eyes. "Zelda, I'm ready, but how are we going to get back? I can barely talk, much less move."

"Right, I forgot about that." She paused and ought for a moment. She always looked so cute when she was thinking. Her face scrunched up, lost in thought.

"Ah, I think I have an idea. But it may not work." She bit her lip nervously.

"What is it?"

"We could try combining our magic to create a spell strong enough to teleport both of us there."

"Worth a try."

She took my hand and sweat began to appear on her forehead. She gritted her teeth and a small sphere began to form around us.

"I need your help, Link!"

I tried to help, but other than letting her tap into my magic reserve, I couldn't do anything. The sphere expanded until it surrounded us. It disappeared with us inside, and we appeared on the edge of the Sheikah Lands.

Zelda picked me up with a little difficulty and walked in.