Chapter One: Just The Two Of Them

AUTHOR'S POV

The time is 7 am on a Friday morning. Inside the quiet Bourgeois home the somewhat blaring sound of an alarm clock is slowly awakening Laurent. After a small struggle to bring his eyes to focus he extends his hand to silence the annoying clock then lightly stretches while yawning. Before climbing out of bed he takes a few moments to peep out of the window at what appears to be a beautiful day. He then turns his head to see if Larry is still asleep and as expected he is. He can tell it's a deep, relaxing sleep so he smiles groggily before deciding that now is the time to get up and get ready for his morning run. He flips the covers off of him then raises up and sits on the edge of the bed...taking a second to run his hands through his fresh twists. He stands up and with only a pair of black boxers on his tall, perfectly lean frame he walks towards the dresser to retrieve a pair of thin sweats and t-shirt then over to the bathroom to freshen up and get dressed. He takes care to be as quiet as possible as it's not quite time for Larry to get up yet and being a schoolteacher to a group of rambunctious second graders he needs all the rest he can get. Though he loves teaching and being around the children he refers to as his babies they can be quite the handful. Now fresh faced and clothed Laurent emerges from the bathroom and over to the closet to put on his running shoes. As he's doing that Larry is waking up and when he spots Laurent his smile is a warm and beautiful one simply because of who's in view. Now Laurent is stepping out of the closet and he instantly sees Larry awake staring beautifully at him...

Laurent: *smile* "Good morning. Did I wake you"?

Larry: *smile* "Good morning and you didn't wake me baby".

Laurent: "Good". *pause* "Well I'm going for my run now. I'll be back soon".

Larry: "Oki. Breakfast will be ready when you're back". 

Laurent: *smile and wink* "Oki my love". 

Laurent turns around to leave the bedroom with Larry's gaze still on him. It isn't until Laurent is completely out of sight that he shifts his gaze and spends a few moments thinking about random things before finally getting up to get dressed and have breakfast cooked for Laurent so he isn't late for work. Now out of bed he also stretches then is off to get his morning started...

~meanwhile~

Laurent steps outside and he instantly feels a slight chill so he's glad he grabbed his lightweight jacket beforehand. He's feeling high energy to conquer this customary morning run...but before he takes off he takes a few minutes to soak in the fresh air then he takes off down the sidewalk with a light jog. As he jogs at a moderate pace he's seeing their neighbors outside doing various things. Some of them are at retirement age so they're either sitting on the front porch reading the morning paper or working in their gardens. The others are getting in their cars and taking off for work. Being that they all know each other well Laurent raises his arm in the air to wave and smile at several of them. He continues jogging and now he's sure his muscles are warm enough where he can safely stretch so he stops at the end of the street and proceeds to do a few lunges as well as stretching his legs, arms and back. Now it's time to pick up the pace and go for a full on power run but being that the weather is so relaxing he wants to enjoy it so he closes his eyes and tilts his head back. With a light smile on his face he listens to the beautiful music around him...

 With a light smile on his face he listens to the beautiful music around him