Chapter Seven: Dear Christian ❤️

A/N: This chapter may cause feels to be a little all over the place but hopefully in a good way. I also put in a few movie references for extra kicks and giggles. If anyone knows what movies they are feel free to share! Happy reading! :) 

AUTHOR'S POV

What a beautiful day this turned out to be. It's amazing what can happen in such a short period of time. Larry and Laurent received the scare, probably the biggest scare, of their lives when they arrived at the hospital and were told Christian was placed by CPS. The horror that ran through them can't even begin to be described...then to hear the words "he's yours" by Ms. Ledoux that horror turned into pure joy all in a matter of seconds. They told themselves to think positive and now, there's a sweet addition to their family. Larry bought the nursery just in time and now Christian can sleep in his new home, in his soft, comfortable crib and he no longer has to be confined to an incubator in a hospital. It should come as no surprise that the tears haven't stopped flowing from both of them as they walk to the car Ms. Ledoux is following behind with the car seat. Just before they get out the door they hear the voice of a woman behind them. Laurent recognizes the voice as that of Christian's nurse and since Larry is holding him he quickly spins around...

Nurse: *smile* "Hey doctor".

Laurent: *smile* "Hi". 

Nurse: *smile* "First I want to say congratulations". 

Laurent: *smile* "Thank you". 

Nurse: *smile* "You're very welcome. I also wanted to give you a few things. He's scheduled for another feeding in an hour so in this bag is a bottle that was prepared for him. It was keeping cool in the fridge. You'll just need to warm it up. We recommend a bottle warmer but if you don't have one right now a small saucepan filled halfway with water on the stove will do. Just please don't use a microwave". *pause* "I don't know how prepared you are so just in case there are extra diapers, baby wipes, and a can of the formula we fed him in here as well". 

Laurent: "This helps so much. Thank you". 

Nurse: *smile* "My pleasure". *pause* "Well, you better get him home". 

Laurent: *smile and nod* "Oki".  

Laurent turns back around to see Ms. Ledoux and Larry waiting for him so he walks back over to them so they can all walk out together. Now at the car Laurent unlocks and opens the back door for her and watches how she installs the car seat. When she turns it facing the windshield Larry is low key upset because he wants to look at Christian as Laurent drives home...but when she explains that car seats have to face that way he understands. Besides, now that he's theirs he can fixate his eyes on him for as long as wants anytime. After thanking her again she goes her way while they get in the car and officially head home as a family. Laurent is successful in cranking the car up and backing out but he can't even get out of the parking lot before he hears his love...

Larry: "Why is it still hard to believe baby"? 

Laurent: *smile* "I know what you mean. I thought it was a dream at first but this is real". 

A brief silence falls as Larry gently crashes the back of his head against the seat, closes his eyes and smiles. Although Laurent can't see him because he's focusing on driving he knows exactly what Larry is doing and he can't help smiling himself. Their dream has come true. Then something comes to Larry that jolts him from his state of baby bliss and his eyes to pop open...

Larry: "Wait. How are we going to be with him? You have to work and school doesn't end for summer for another week. I don't want a nanny or anyone else with him right now baby. What are we going to do"?