Chapter Two: Discovery

AUTHOR'S POV

The soft wind blowing is causing a soft sway among the tree leaves that surround their home and the sporadic sounds of birds chirping are in the air as Larry continues to sit on the patio reflecting on his conversation with mama. He still can't believe that they're at such a place with their entire family. Growing up they've always been close. Sure they've had several disagreements like all families do but those disagreements never came between their bond. Larry was even convinced that there was no family on earth that could possibly be closer. When he realized he was in love with Laurent naturally the thought of what they would say frightened him to no end...but a part of him really thought they would embrace it. Of course he wasn't sure Laurent felt the same so there was no need to tell them. It wasn't until that fateful night one year ago that would make Larry the happiest he's ever been...

~flashback~ 

Laurent completed his residency and was officially a licensed doctor. The entire family had come together to celebrate and throw him huge backyard soiree at their brother's house. They had been having a wonderful time. Great food, tons of laughter but most of all tons of love. Laurent's heart was as full as his belly and on occasion Larry would catch his million dollar smile and get caught up in it. Larry being proud of him was an understatement and it had been months since he had fallen in love with him so seeing his face all lit up on top of this huge achievement had easily turned it into a much deeper love. Larry thought Laurent may have felt something too by just the little things Laurent such as certain looks or times where he was seemingly more affectionate with things like hugs...but then he thought maybe he was just seeing what he wanted to see and that his affectionate ways were just him being the loving brother he's always been. The party continued and as it began to slow down they started cleaning up and bringing dishes inside the home. At one point it was just Larry and Laurent and as they cleaned up Larry took the opportunity to talk to Laurent...

Larry: "You worked so hard Laurent and I don't think I could be more proud of you". 

Laurent: *smile* "Thank you Larry". 

Larry: *smile* "Welcome". *pause* "I see you had fun tonight".

Laurent: "I had so much fun. We have a really great family". 

Larry: "Yes we do". 

Laurent: *smile* "I remember the party they surprised you with when you started teaching". 

Larry: *smile* "Yeah I remember". 

Laurent: "I'm just as proud of you as you are of me". 

Larry: "Thank you". 

All movement from them maneuvering around the kitchen stopped and eventually they were looking directly at each other. When Larry thanked him Laurent was sure he saw a spark in his eyes and heard a softness to his voice that completely moved him. Just like Larry noticed his smile Laurent's sight of his and standing in front of him in that moment it was nearly impossible holding back. He gently placed the pot in his hand down then stepped forward and pulled Larry into him to plant a kiss on him that could have moved mountains. It was deep, it was passionate and it was as if Laurent's only mission in life was to kiss him like that and he finally did. The kiss lasted several minutes and when Laurent managed to pull away he slowly opened his eyes, looked right into Larry's and in a deep, passionate whisper, "do you have any idea how long I have wanted to do that"? Larry, feeling a bundle of emotions with sheer joy being the greatest because of what just happened, only had three words to say in a sweet whisper, "do it again". Laurent's eyes basically replied "say no more" as he immediately crashed his lips onto Larry's and it was much hungrier than before. It was as if they forgot that their family was just a few inches away...but the buildup that had been going ultimately leading up to that moment was just too powerful for words and from that day to the next Larry and Laurent's relationship was like a whirlwind romance...