Chapter Sixteen: Hesitant

AUTHOR'S POV

Ms. Ledoux sits in her plush office chair with Natalie directly across from her...still in disbelief at her request. Just moments ago she was having extreme difficulty focusing on work and not just today. For nearly a month since Larry and Laurent had to relinquish Christian it's been difficult. She's wondered time and again if there was something she could do. She even contemplated calling them and recommending an adoption agency, particularly the one where her good friend works, and as fate would have it Natalie comes in. She's nervous about being here...even scared but also never so sure about anything in her life. Ms. Ledoux doesn't want to ask the reason why but she's also certain the last thing she needs is to be asked questions regarding something that already took tremendous courage coming in for. Just the fact that she's here taking the appropriate steps Ms. Ledoux simply can't ask for more. She then realizes she has yet to answer Natalie's last question which is can she be of help so after gently clearing her throat...

Ledoux: *smile* "I am more than happy to help you". 

She watches Natalie close her eyes and blow out a soft sigh of relief as if a huge weight has been lifted off of her shoulders. After a few moments she slowly opens those eyes to look at her...

Natalie: "Thank you so much". *pause* "I'm due to give birth by next month and I wish I would have made this decision much earlier because by waiting so close to my due date my fear was that I wouldn't find anyone so I'm very happy that you can help me". 

Ledoux: *smile* "Well a decision like this isn't like picking out what shoes to wear for the day so I understand why you really thought about it and it's my pleasure to help you". *pause* "I do have a couple in mind. They're wonderful and being near them you can feel the love they have for each other. I can't share anything about them because I need their consent first but I'm certain you will approve of them". 

Natalie: "That's great. I would love to meet them". 

Ledoux: "I would love for you to meet. I'll reach out to them and discuss this. If they wish to pursue this I'll be in contact with you to set up a meeting as soon as you all are available. I just need your contact information and I'll get right on it". 

Natalie: *smile* "Sure thing". 

Ms. Ledoux hands her a pen and paper and as Natalie writes down her information Ms. Ledoux is suddenly overwhelmed with emotions. She's happy she can present this to Larry and Laurent but she does wonder if they will be willing to adopt. Natalie brings this little life into the world in a month and it's only been a month since losing Christian and she fears they may think it's too soon...but she still wants to at least give them the option so she will hope for the best because no two people are more deserving of a baby than the two of them. Now finished Natalie returns the pen and paper and with this information in her possession now...

Ledoux: *smile* "Thank you so much and I'll be in contact with you". 

Natalie: *smile* "You're very welcome and please call me anytime". 

Ms. Ledoux smiles and nods as she stands up then walks around her desk to help Natalie up...

Ledoux: "Do you need help out to your car"?

Natalie: "Thank you but I'm ok". 

Ledoux: *smile* "Ok. Take care". 

After Natalie leaves Ms. Ledoux is back at her desk with her phone in her hands in no time calling Laurent. As his phone rings she can feel her stomach tying in knots because she's that anxious to speak with him...but the call eventually goes to his voicemail and although she isn't completely surprised being that he's an emergency room physician so she figures he's working so she has no choice but to leave him a message...