Chapter Twenty-One: Making it Right

AUTHOR'S POV 

Since Laurent told Larry that there's something that they should do and after his initial confusion turned into being fully aware what he meant it's been mostly silence between them. The soft sound of the coffee maker in the background is really the only noise for the moment. During this moment of silence Laurent studies Larry's face and he can tell that he's already figured out what this is and that he's torn about it so he steps forward and rubs his arms softly patiently waiting to hear Larry's reply...but a minute goes by and Larry is still at a loss for words so in a gentle tone...

Laurent: "Bebe go check on Mia then have a seat on the couch oki? I'll bring you some coffee and we can talk for this". 

Larry: *nods* "Oki. Thank you baby".

Laurent: "Welcome. Be right there". 

Laurent stays behind to make their coffee while Larry heads for the living room. He's nervous about this talk but seeing Mia sound asleep in her bouncy seat brings a smile to his face. Then he decides to take her to her crib where she'll be more comfortable so he delicately picks her up and takes her to the nursery. He gently kisses her before putting her down and after bringing the cover over he whispers, "good night princess" he leaves while quietly shutting the door behind him. It only takes Laurent a few minutes to get their coffee prepared the way they like them so he picks each mug up by the handle and walks into the living room where his love is taking his place back on the couch. He looks at the empty spot then at Larry...

Laurent: *smile* "She in her crib"? 

Larry: *smile* "Yeah".

Although Larry smiles back Laurent can still see that there's a look on his face as if he's been thinking about his response. Laurent hands him his cup then takes a seat next to him. Larry has a few sips then decides to respond...

Larry: "I don't know if this is a good idea baby. They did us so wrong with everything. About us love then they don't help us when we tried to get Christian". 

Laurent: "They did us very wrong bebe but I still think it's the right thing to do. We're still family and I think we should at least try". 

Larry: "They should try Laurent. They abandoned us. They only think for how they feel. They didn't see how much we love each other and how much it means to us to be together. They knew we wanted children and they did nothing. They didn't talk to Ms. Ledoux and...."

By this point Larry is talking a mile a minute so Laurent leans over to take Larry's cup from him so he can place both mugs on the table then he turns to look in his eyes...

Laurent: "Bebe relax. I understand how you feel but all I'm saying is that it's not good to hold onto anger. Not with anyone and not us family, but this is more about Mia. No matter what they feel for us Mia is apart of us now and she might ask questions someday. She might ask if she has more family". *pause* "I know it's easier to not talk to them but I don't want to do that. I think we should give them a chance". 

*brief pause* 

Larry: "I get that baby but...." *sigh* "How do we do this? Do we call them or do we go and see them"?

Laurent: "We'll go over mama's house Saturday. Everyone is always there on Saturday". 

Larry: "You don't have to work"?

Laurent: "I already talked to the hospital and told them I need that day off".

Larry: "So you're already prepared for this".