Chapter Seventeen: Natalie's Story

AUTHOR'S POV 

It's a warm and cloudy afternoon. The rain has yet to fall but it shouldn't be too much longer. Since the summer began there haven't been any rainy days. Just bright and sunny ones which has made for some sweltering heat so this day is a break from that heat. Although the coming rain is necessary it doesn't exactly help the overall mood in the home that started upon waking up because today they meet with Natalie. Just as Laurent nor Larry never believed in psychics or fortune tellers they've also never believed in things such as superstitions or omens either...but the fact that the forecast calls for this gloomy, stormy weather on the same day they have this meeting certainly gives them pause. Well, primarily Laurent. It's only been a couple of days since Larry spoke with Ms. Ledoux who at the time said she would get in contact with her but he didn't expect their meeting to be so soon. Laurent has been low key watching Larry all day for any signs of nervousness but Larry is seemingly calm. Although when they ate breakfast there wasn't much conversation between them. That was mostly because Larry sensed Laurent's nerves and he's certain he also saw a hint of skepticism in his eyes. To calm him he made sweet gestures such as softly touching him and when Laurent washed the dishes used at breakfast Larry came up behind him then softy placed his cheek on Laurent's back while he wrapped him in a hug. He held that hug for several moments before turning his head to lightly kiss Laurent's back then releasing him. Anytime Laurent feels Larry's touch he loves it and it's always calming of course...but knowing what's taking place today it was still hard for him to completely relax. Now they're roughly thirty minutes away from this meeting so it's time to leave. Laurent is sitting on the couch staring blankly at the TV when Larry comes down the hallway to meet him...

Larry: "Baby"?

Laurent hears him and it takes a second but his eyes eventually travel up to meet Larry's...

Larry: "We have to leave so we're not late". 

Laurent: "I'm ready".

Larry: "You want me to drive"? 

Laurent: "That's oki. I can drive". 

Larry: "Oki", he replies softly.

Laurent shuts the TV off and heads straight for the garage while Larry stays behind for a few to make sure everything is off then making sure his phone and wallet are in tow he follows. Laurent already has the car running and the garage door lifted so now Larry senses some angst in him as if he's ready to get this over with. The second he's inside his seat belt is on so Laurent backs out of the garage and taking off down the street. The clouds are appearing darker which is in alarming contrast to the tiny specs of rain fall on the windshield that are thumping softly against it. With as dark as the sky is they're certain it will turn into a full blown storm but that's the least of their worries all things considered and with the exception of the tiny droplets it's a pretty quiet car ride. Having no words that can settle Laurent's nerves all Larry can do is look over at him for a moment or two and with the same expression on his face Larry sighs internally then goes back to gazing at the road ahead of them...

They finally arrive and get out at the same time. Laurent waits for Larry to walk around the car so they can walk in together and now inside the building Laurent tells him that he will let the receptionist know they're here and to have a seat. What he doesn't expect is for the receptionist to inform him that their meeting will be held in a conference room and she's been instructed to walk them over. He walks over to tell Larry this then they follow her. They anticipate seeing Ms. Ledoux and Natalie waiting for them but much to their surprise it's just them for now...

Receptionist: *smile* "Ms. Ledoux and Ms. Lemaire will join you shortly. Help yourself to some coffee if you like". 

Larry: *smile* "Thank you".