Chapter 1 The day before

The grey sky was as stale as ever. I stared out of the window at the ragged city buildings pressed up against our apartment. I watched the people below walk the allies. I held my knees to my chest as i watched the world at the windowsill. I stared blankly down. I looked over and watched the rest of the busy streets be filled by people and cars. I listened to the quiet apartments creeks from the old wood. So lonely.

I leaped off the windowsill and walked over to my broken desk taking a ripped up notebook and a pen that started to run out of ink. I sat in the middle of the floor and ripped out a page of the notebook. Scribbled for nearly an hour all over the sheet of every thought I had. I was blushing profusely as I wrote. As I signed the letter with my clue. A single number along with a small scribbled heart. I took the letter and ran over to the window. I slowly and carefully with precision folded the letter into an airplane. I crawled out of my window and up the fire escape up to the roof. I ran to the edge of the roof and leaned over getting a deep breath of the cool air that was quickly drowned out by the exhaust from the cars below. Taking a look down from this high up makes me remind myself that I still have a small chance of finding him eventually.

I threw the paper plane made out of my heart out into the city. It didn't get far before it got grabbed by the wind and tossed it far across the city. Walking back down the fire escape down back to my window I felt full.

I cuddled into my bed and watched the window. The bricks look different when the sky turn purple from setting. I fell asleep staring at the bricks across the street.