Chapter 2 Mr.Mark

Walking the loud streets I followed my path I always go. Or at least the only one I remember other than the path to the subway. I walked to that old crappy motel. Walking in the smell of stale coffee and terrible perfume filled my nose. "Hello Dev." a soft raspy voice said from behind the receptionist's desk. An old man sitting in a chair behind desk. "The usual today?"

"Please." i begged softly.

"Do whatever you need." He said waving his hand to me as he clicked on his computer. I nodded and ran past the counter into a small kitchen full of old fruits and everything that involves coffee. I grabbed three apples, a pear and a whole pot of stale coffee. I walked back into the small lobby and sat on a breaking wood chair and watching the chunky T.V hanging in the corner. I scarfed down the food and coffee. "Shower too?" He asked. I nodded and he scooted over in his seat to grab a pair of keys off a hook. He tossed them to me "Room 5 is still open go wash up." He said clicked back on his computer. I walked out and walked down the building to room 5 and walked in. The smell of cigarettes burned my eyes. I went to the bathroom and stripped. I showered in that small bath enjoying the heat. I washed my clothes in the bath too.

There's no bath in my apartment. Mom is always out so there's no food so Mr.Mark feeds me the food free for breakfast here.

Taking my time washing my small body I enjoyed the steam cleansing my lungs from the smoke the world is making me breath. I scrubbed my body and clothes down as much as I could with a towel. Still damp I went back to the lobby and sat and watched the tv while I air dried.

"I know he's out there." I mumbled.

"How sure are you?" Mr.Mark said behind his desk.

"I know it. I know he's out there." i turned to Mr.Mark and smiled. The only times I smiled was when i thought about my future.

"With the things looking now-a-days I don't know if that would happen!" Mr.Mark huffed at nodded towards the Tv.

The red head line was across the screen talking about a virus. A terrifying epidemic that is spreading quickly and no one knows how. Within this month about 158 people died from it. That's just the beginning, just the start of it spreading.