Chapter 8 Oh Canada

The strong smell of blood made me force open my eyes. A bunch of raw meat was a few yards away from me. I was so hungry. I crawled against the road reaching out to the food.

I couldn't move anymore. My head fell and I cried. It hurts. "Guys this is cruel." Alec said punching the arms of the others. He walked out of the bushes and grabbed some of the meat.

I couldn't move. All I could do was cry dry tears. I heard a splat. I lifted my head and saw that the meat was in front of my face. I lost all control. I grabbed a chunk of meat and gobbled it. It tasted so good. I was making a mess but I really didn't care.

I sat back on my legs. My head was up to the sky. Alec was towering over me. "I look like a real zombie don't I?" I laughed and wiped my bloody face. "That meat. It wasn't..."

"Of course not. It was cow." He said.

"I look like a mess right?" I asked.

"Just a little." He chuckled.

"They are going to kill me right." I said keeping my small smile. "I wouldn't blame them. If I saw me like this I would too." I looked around and saw the rest of the hunters in the bushes. I saw the little girl from earlier "She she okay? Was she alone here long?" I asked "She wouldn't have told me." I laughed.

"She's fine." Alec said. "It was you wasn't it." He asked.

"What?" I cocked my head. Alec pointed his thumb behind him and at the dead zombie that tried to break in last night. I nodded and kept my eyes away from him. I sighed "Im not going to get my guns back am I?"

"Probably not. Zuri is the one who has them."

"Mean girl?" I asked.

He laughed "Yeah mean girl."

I fell back on my legs "Great."

"What did you need them for?"

"Zombies can get annoying." I said "Takes up too much space."

He was just looking at me. "Your eyes changed didn't they."

I tapped my temple "Night vision." I smiled. "Came in handy when I was hiding from you guys."

He chuckled. I planted my hands down on the road and attempted to stand. When I moved everyone in the bushes grabbed a weapon. I watched them as I slowly stood up. My hands were up and I backed away from Alec. "I'm leaving. I swear I won't do anything to humans I promise." I said loud "Enjoy my guns!" I screamed at Zuri.

"Not so fast!" I heard T scream and jump out of the bushes.

"Damnit why can't I have a break!" I screamed. "Just leave me alone and I won't cause trouble!" I yelled at them. Bandage boy got up from the bushes and slowly walked over to me. I got tense and almost ran but he grabbed my shoulders. I didn't know where to focus because I couldn't see his face.

"Let me examine your body!" He said hastily. My eyes opened wide and I looked at him weird "Oh god not like that!" He said letting me go "You must have noticed that you are not a normal zombie."

"I've had some time to realize this." I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly! And I want to figure it out." He said a little excited. I took a breath then looked at Alec

"He's a science nerd isn't he?" I said.

"Studied Anatomy and Diseases for a few years." Alec said.

"Wait so what are you asking?" I asked.

"Stay with us for a bit so I can figure out why you're still "You"." Bandage boy said.

"You want me to stay with you guys?" I scoffed "You all fucking shot me and Zuri over there still wants to murder me! And T is just unstable around zombies!"

"Am not!" T screamed.

"You obviously are!" I screamed back. "That's it! I don't care no more! I'm done! I'm not going to be involved with you guys no more! Leave me alone! I'm going to Canada!" I screamed and stomped away.

"PLEASE!" I heard Bandage boy beg.

"No!" I screamed and kept walking.

I felt hands grab my ankle and I fell forward. "PLEASE!" Bandage boy was holding my ankles and begging.

"OH MY GOD NO!" I screamed and kicked him. "Are you always like this!?" I screamed and got up. They all was staring at me "Leave me alone!" I screamed and ran. I ran just enough down the road I could barely see them. I stopped running and watched them. They were walking down the road. They wouldn't be able to get to me soon.

I rubbed my face and sighed "Off to Canada I guess."