Chapter 12 Hickeys

So this is the interaction I was looking for? It's better than expected. We lied in bed and enjoyed ourselves. When he pulled up my shirt I covered my body in shame. All the wounds that I didn't care about before still was barred out on my body. If he saw these he might really start to think that he's really just touching a zombie. I hid my face with my hair. He stopped moving and leaned in. He brushed the hair out of my face and gave me a gentle smile. I gabbed his neck and hugged him tightly.

We enjoyed every second of the act we were mindlessly doing. We tried to keep quiet knowing that the others are in the room next to us. To keep our mouths closed we kissed to mask out the sounds.

A while later we were taking our rest. I was laying on Alec's stomach and my head was laying on his shoulder. I could hear his breathing. I scooted down his chest and laid my head on the middle of his chest. His heartbeat was beating out of his chest. I haven't heard a heartbeat in years. Not from me but from someone I hugged. He's so warm. He's alive. I felt so calm that it felt like I fell asleep for the first time since I died. I was comforted by his warmth.

He fell asleep while tracing the bullet holes and marks on my back. The morning light brightened the room making us wake up. I looked at the broken alarm clock and it said 8:45. "FUCK!" I screamed and jumped off of Alec. "Alec!" I shook him awake "We overslept! Get out and go back to the room!" I said as I got dressed. He sat up drowsy but then woke up when I chucked his jeans at his head.

I nearly pushed him out the window from how frantic we were. He held onto the window as he left. Right before he walked back through the other window he gave me a kiss and smiled "Cute bedhead." He said as he left. I quickly ran my fingers through my hair to straighten it out. I jumped back on the bed and pretended that I was doing that all night long. I was twisting the knife on the table acting casually. I started to hear them wake up to the sound of Alec walking back through the door. I listened at the conversation at the door.

"Where were you?" Zuri asked while walking Bailey up.

"I was checking to see if any zombies tried to go up the stairs. I was checking to see if any got caught in it." He said acting pretty well.

"Really~" J said obviously knowing what happened. I got really embarrassed that J knew it instantly. I could tell that he knew because I also noticed it too that when Alec was leaving he was glowing. They started to take away the furniture blocking the door. I ran back to the bed and continued to act like nothing happened. Bailey, Zuri and T all believed it so I was good. I couldn't look at J with his cheesy smile. I felt a little better about my embarrassment after J re-rolled the bandages over his head. Everyone was putting back on their masks just in case of the infection in the air. Everyone ate the old cans in the cupboards and I was eating the rotten meat. Even though I can go a few weeks without eating meat they are making sure. Especially J.

We had to leave by jumping off the roof to the next building and going down their stairs because Alec had to knock the other ones down. "It seems like the Zombie increase calmed down a bit today." Bailey said looking around.

"That just makes it easier for us." Zuri said loading her gun. I gave one of my rifles to Alec because that pistol can only do so much. Most of the zombies around here are the runners. Runners are the zombies that are able to sprint. I'm one of those. The the slow ones means they can't go faster than walking.

"Hey by the way we were wondering what you were doing when you were hiding from us." T slowed down his pace to talk to me.

"I don't know if I should tell you." I said "If I eventually run away then you might know where to find me."

"We both know that you're to erratic to go back to a place you hid." T said.

"Hmm." I hummed agreeing "The storm drains." I said "They are a good hiding place if you don't want to deal with Zombies. You would get lucky to find one or two in there."

"Really?" T said surprised.

"Yeah, if the whole zombie thing gets worse then I would recommend to go there."

"Noted." He laughed that I would give him pointers. T walked back up with Zuri and Bailey. He said something to tease bailey and she bared her knife at him. Zuri didn't do anything but laugh and encourage her. A baby Zuri? I don't even want to think about it.

J walked up next to me and leaned down "Have you regretted joining us?" He asked. I looked at him and smacked my lips.

"Not yet."

He laughed and continued to walk behind me. Alec and J was walking behind me. I don't think that they have really thought about me having good hearing.

"Had fun last night?" J giggled.

"Shut up." Alec said equally as embarrassed as me.

"Oh don't worry, I made sure to tell her that she couldn't hurt you than other than biting." J said.

"I knew it." he said really annoyed with him. "Anyways stop making it so obvious." Alec said.

"Me? Look at you too and say that!"

"What you mean by that?" Alec growled.

"First of all you have scratched on your neck." He said "And You obviously don't hold back when it comes to hickeys, they are all over her neck."

I grabbed the back of my neck and glared behind me. For letting Alec put them in such an obvious place and just for J being J. Alec felt guilty but not enough to hide his blushing grin. If only I could slap them but then Zuri would kill me.

**************************************************************************************

"Have you told her about your little secret yet?" J whispered to Alec.

"No..." Alec said.

"You probably should." J lectured "If you did she might come to really love you?"

"It wouldn't matter would it? It's not like she has really "Met" me before so it doesn't matter. It's not like it would automatically change her opinion about me anyways." Alec sighed.

"Hm." J hummed "Is seemed like you really fell for her huh?"