Chapter 28 Mommys Fine

It was such a normal day. Why couldn't it have stayed like that. "NO!" Zuri screamed as T missed his chance to attack the zombie. A hoard of zombies was able to make themselves through the lobby. So gruesome. My mind flashed with the same seen from when I got bit. Elizabeth was screaming as she ran up the stairs with bailey leading her.

"DIE!" I screamed and started to shoot at the zombies. Only three followed my combined and the rest ignored me and attacked the others. Alec was crushing heads across the lobby. J had my back as I covered Zuri who was only focused on T. He got bit on his side. When he did he collapsed. We couldn't tell if he was dead or alive.

"T WAKE UP!" Zuri kept screaming as she protected his body with his machete.

"BAILEY HURRY UP!" I screamed upstairs waiting for her backup. Bailey fell down the stairs from running so fast with a dusty old bag in her hands. When i saw which one it was both me and Alec jumped out of our skins. Jonathans old bag full of his crazy zombie killing equipment. "ALEC!" I screamed "MASK DOWN!" I screamed. J threw Alec his old gas mask and he swatted off a zombie before putting it on. J also threw me a mask less good but just enough so I wouldn't die. Everyone dropped as Bailey lit up one of the old bombs and threw it into the middle of the room. Me and Alec had to run up the stairs so less of the impact could get us. The bomb shook the building and its fumes filled the thick air.

Dozens of thuds fell onto the ground. "MOMMY!" I heard Elizabeth screamed between her cries. I forced my burning eyes open and saw Elizabeth above me and coughing and crying for me to get up. I jumped up and grabbed her forcing my small mask over her face so she couldn't breath the toxins. I tried to hard to run upstairs but that gas is getting to me. When I crawled on my hands and knees into the closest classroom. Elizabeth dropped out of my arms as I fell flat. My lungs hurt so much. Each time I coughed it only hurt more.

Elizabeth was fine. Thank god. I heard her crying for me to open my eyes. I wish she never saw any of this. None of my weaknesses. The danger out there. She does know the outside conditions but she hasn't seen it.

"It's okay." If only I could open my mouth to say that to her. How long has it been?

"DEVEN!" I heard Bailey scream. I felt her small hands grab my shoulders and pushed me over. She smacked the side of my face trying to get me to open my eyes. Water got poured into my eyes and down my throat into my lungs. I jumped up and hacked out the water and was able to open my eyes just barely. Bailey was over me watching me to see if I was okay. My eyes felt like they were forced shut. I fell back. "Deven!" Bailey screamed and shook me.

"I'm fine." I groaned tired. Bailey cursed and fell over relieved that I'm still alive. "Didn't you put her I'm a good place?"I lectured Bailey.

"I did! I locked her in the supply closet." She said in her place.

"Well it seems like that little--can get herself out of trap I guess." I sighed. I tried to move but my body burned too much. I groaned and hear loud stomps coming from down the hall.

"DOWNHERE!" Bailey screamed. I couldn't open my eyes but from the sent that entered the room I could tell it was Alec and J.

"Deven!" They both screamed. "What happened!?" J screamed at Bailey.

"Elizabeth got out and went down when the bomb went off." She said showing that Elizabeth still had the mask on. Alec grabbed me.

"Deven?" He asked a little scared.

"I'm good." I groaned with my very harsh voice. Alec chuckled at how much I sounded like Darth Vader and hugged me.

"Thank god." He sighed and hugged me tighter.

"I'm to stubborn to die." I laughed and forced open my eyes.

"MOMMY!" Elizabeth was sobbing next to Alec. I gave her my hand and smiled to make her feel better.

"Mommys fine." I said forcing myself up with the help of Alec. "Mommys fine."