Chapter 13 Better than brains

"We are going to go to Springfield Ohio." T said while looking at a map.

"Why?" I asked "It's not like we have a schedule." I said.

"Oh...Well we are going around to gather more hunters. We have some ties to people around the state so we have been going to each one of them." T said.

"Planted Hunters huh?" I huffed and looked at the map. Blue Circles around the places we have been and some in red. Planted hunters are hunters that don't travel to kill they stay in one place. He quickly put away the map "J has a lab there too, it would help out."

"Fun." I grumbled not really wanting to be experimented on. We would have to keep walking for more than a week. This is going to be a mess.

We have just been hiding in buildings and shot down zombies at the top of it in the afternoon when we are too tired to walk anymore.

When day 4 came along I was really getting fed up with these people. They do not have any solid connections and it's hard for them to work together. We stayed in a house in a really cookie cutter neighborhood. I've been so anxious lately. I've been really jumpy and just restless.

When night came I felt even worse than before. At 3 in the morning I was able to sneak out of the room I was in and was able to get into the living room were the other were sleeping. My small body really came in handy when I was trying not to make noise. I went over to Alec and covered his mouth and shook him. He woke up really confused "Shush, It's Deven." I whispered.

"What are you doing?" He whispered back tried.

"Follow me." I tugged on his arm and he quietly got up. I lead him through the dark all the way to the backdoor. We went to the neighboring house. I kicked down the door and it had nearly the same layout as the other house we were in. I pushed him against the front door.

"Enjoying yourself?" He asked.

"Not yet." I took off my shirt "Compensate me."

"For?" He asked and kissed me.

"Covering me in hickeys in such an obvious place." I said while pulling up his shirt.

"Then I'll just put them other places." He laughed and grabbed me. My legs were tied around him and he held me up as we kissed against the wall. "We can be as loud as we want huh?"

"That's the point." I kissed him.

A few hours later we were resting on the couch butt naked. "Hey," I poked Alec's face.

"What?" He laughed at me poking him.

"Why are you doing this with me? Is it just for me to stay with you guys longer? Or just to feed your youthful hornyess? Bootycall."

"If anything I'm your booty call." He chuckled.

"Seriously." I grumbled "What's the point of banging a zombie if...eventually..." I clenched my hands on his sides. He grabbed me then squished me into his chest. I struggled in his bear hug but he just cuddled me.

"Don't worry about that." he said "Just focus on now." I hugged him back and whispered

"Booty call." I giggled. He laughed and flipped me over. We kissed and he slowly went down to my chest. He was leaving a ridiculous amount of hickeys all over my body. "You can calm it down you know." I ruffled his hair.

"You said that I shouldn't put them in such obvious places. So I'm putting them in places that only I get to see." Alec said while kissing my chest.

"Idiot."

"Am I a cute idiot?"

"No," I said while holding back a smile. He pouted then suddenly started to make more hickeys. That took me by surprise and he leaned up and kissed my chin.

"Doesn't seem like you mean it." he said like he just won an argument.

"I do." I pouted and wrapped my arms around him. My face was in his shoulder. It felt weird that a zombie would be lying here with a human neck right at its mouth and refuse to bite. I only squeezed tighter. Alec stopped and layed down next to me. "Why'da stop?" I asked.

"Your worrying aren't you?" Alec asked.

"Hm." I hummed and kept my eyes down.

"Come on~" Alec poked my face.

"No!" I held back my laugh. He kept poking my face and I couldn't help but laugh. "Fine." I huffed giving up "Alec you know I'm a zombie."

"We've made this quite clear." Alec sat up.

"My life has already been taken. There's nothing for me now. There's no will to live anymore. I waited to long. To long to have that cliche white picket fence life."

"Why do you always say it's too late? Look at you. Despite being a zombie you are not "Dead" Look at you," Alec said and pulled me closer "I wouldn't even count you as one of them. Not even close. If you were a real zombie then I pretty sure that you wouldn't be doing this with me."

I hummed and sat up. I pushed Alec back down against the couch and sat on top of him. "Nice abs." I squished his belly fat.

He chuckled and squished my sides "You too." I reached behind me and grabbed something of his. He gulped then laughed.

I grinned and stroked him "This is getting quite addicting huh."

"Better than brains."

"A lot better."