Chapter 19 Better Smiling

Alec dashed down the halls and down the stairs. "Shit." He covered his face. He looked down the stairs and saw Zuri standing there looking up at him. "WHAT!" He screamed unintentionally. She flinched surprised to see him scream.

"We could hear you from down here." Zuri said.

"What did you hear." Alec said with his face in his hands.

"Not much. We couldn't make out what you two were talking about." Alec stood there not knowing what to say. They could hear slams upstairs. Alec looked behind him to hear it but slowly turned around when he knew what she was doing. "Just what happened?" Zuri asked and nudged to the sound of the walls cracking.

"We fought." Alec fell back on the stairs and sat with his hand on his face. "Damn. All I wanted to do is just show her that she shouldn't just let whatever happen to her." Alec sighed.

"Do you really think she is that careless?" Zuri scoffed at him like he was an idiot "Have you not been here for the past few months? She is incredibly cautious! You remember how she was like when Jonathan got hurt. She was terrified but she understood that humans still needed to be saved. You guys were fighting about her having to be the lab rat right? Well if you think about what she is helping out with is protecting you. By doing this she is protecting you, you asshole. You are trying to protect her. But you can't if she's not here protecting you first." Zuri glared at him remembering how dumb he his. Alec watched Zuri walk away back to the basement.

In a few minutes Alec walked into the basement. Everyone was just quietly talking. When he came in everyone looked at him and went silent. His frustrated face made everyone look away from him. He kicked a metal chair making a loud noise as it fell. "Don't talk to me."

***********************************************************************************************

In the morning the anger tenton was still high. In the morning when I went downstairs as soon as I saw Alec we both glared and passed each other ignoring each other's presence. I stopped next to say and looked at him with my very tired eyes "J you're my favorite human." I said really tired. Alec glared behind him at me then turned to Nini,

"Nini I love you." He said to spite me.

"OK NOW YOU WENT TO FAR!" I screamed at Alec.

"YOU'RE ONLY UPSET BECAUSE I DIDN'T TELL YOU I LOVED YOU AFTER YOU ALMOST GOT KILLED BY JONATHAN!" Alec screamed back at me.

"OK SO NOW YOU CAN JUST TELL ANYONE THAT YOU LOVE THEM!? FINE IF IT'S GOING TO BE THAT WAY THEN-" I looked at J "I LOVE YOU THEN!"

We both went off at each other screaming at the top of our lungs. Both of our points did not make any sense at all but we didn't care as long as we kept yelling then neither of us would lose this fight. T went over to Alec and pulled him back because we were getting close to each other as we screamed more and more. Zuri and Bailey did the same with me.

"FUCK YOU!" I screamed at Alec as I got pulled out of the room.

"FUCK YOU TOO!" He screamed back. Bailey slammed the door so we couldn't scream at each other anymore. We were all silent as Bailey and Zuri was holding my arms behind me.

They brought me up the stairs as I blankly stared at the ground. When we got the the hall at the top of the stairs Bailey looked at me and quietly said "Deven?" She asked so sweetly. A few tear drops fell and they both looking so surprised. "YOUR CRYING!?" Zuri said very surprised. "I didn't know you could!" She said like she saw the most incredible thing ever. I started to quietly ball my eyes out and they both didn't know what to do.I fell into a squat and hugged my knees as my head was covered by my knees. They both stood there cluelessly looking at each other. "Ummm." Zuri slowly knelt next to me hesitant to touch me because she is terrible to comfort people.