Chapter 9 Conditions

It's been two days walking on this road and they are still following me. They have kept their distance but are still after me. I still have nothing on me so I guess I have to improvise if something happens.

Soon I made it to a small city. I got real excited when I saw all the shops. The first place I went to was a superstore. Happily not much was ransacked. I grabbed a backpack and started to stuff it with things that could come in handy. A few camping knives which I also stuffed in my socks. Jumbo Ziplock bags full of the rotting meat left over in the fridge section. And very single DVD that the Rock Johnson has been in.

Leaving the store I noticed that the group was just now coming into the city. Speed Walking I happily went to an hunting shop. One big war knife, all the ammo I could hold and another hunting rifle and pistol.

I skipped out of the store but rammed into something. I grabbed my nose and groaned. "Hi." A voice said. I shoved my pistol in there face. It was Alec holding his hands up in the air.

"Damnit!" I screamed and put down the gun. "How did you get here so quickly?" I said frustrated.

"Running is also an option." He smiled. He leaned in and kept his smile.

"No." I said crossing my arms.

"Come on. J would still rant about you. Also if you do I promise that T and Z wont kill you." He said trying to make it sound like a good deal.

"No!~" I groaned and pushed him out of the way "Damn just leave me alone!" I walked around the rest of the city with Alec walking behind me the whole time. "You might be 6'7 but i'll beat your ass." I glared over my shoulder.

"With that face you could fit in perfectly."

"Shut up." I sighed.

~Gggggrrrr~

A throaty growl echoed from the streets. I grabbed my rifle and Alec grabbed his pistol. He went in front of me and peeked around the corner. Something bolted out and fell on Alec. He tried to shoot at it but his gun jammed. He wrestled with the attacking zombie on the ground. I shot at it hitting its head. The zombie collapsed on top of Alec. I kicked it off of him and he was taking a moment to figure out what happened.

I got hit from behind and my hands were held behind me as I was pushed against the ground. "Alec are you okay!?" I heard T scream. I felt his machete against the back of my neck.

"What?" Alec looked at the situation then gasped "YES!" He said grabbing T's arm. "She saved me when my gun jammed." He said trying to get T to get the sword off my neck.

"Protect me from T huh?" I mumbled with my face to the ground.

"T calm down." Alec said "She was just about to join us." Alec said between his teeth.

"No I wasn't!"

"Shush!" Alec shushed me. T got off of me and hesitated to give me back my gun. I grabbed it from him and he aimed his gun at me in reflex. I rolled my eyes and stomped away. Alec ran after me. I spun around and pointed my finger at him "Leave me alone!" I yelled and turned back. He slowly kept following me again I turned around and screamed "STAY!" I screamed.

I speed walked away and Alec stayed. "Just like a dog." I grumbled. While walking across the street was Zuri, J and the little girl. Zuri's gun didn't leave my direction. I just ignored them. What if I did join them? I wouldn't have to make zombie friends. But if I do they might try to kill me or trap me. But if I do they might give me all the food I need. Well they would have to or I would probably die. But is there anything I would really lose? I didn't have much before and I'm already dead so?

I stopped and looked around the wasteland of a city. I turned around to find all of the group a few buildings away. I walked towards them and all the guns were pointed at me. There was a standoff between us. "I'll stay with you guys for a bit." I said. Alec smiled excited "But!" I pointed at them "I have a few conditions!"

They all looked at me surprised "What?" T said like it was ridiculous.

"Did you guys really think that if I did agree I would just give myself to you? I'm still conscious and have some dignity left you know."

"Okay Okay what's your conditions?" J covered T's mouth.

"First you're not allowed to trap me. Like the pit situation." I said upset "Second, I get all the food I want." They all nodded knowing that that one is a must "Third, No one is allowed to take away my guns."

"Denied!" Zuri and T interrupted.

"Unless I finally turn into a human seeking Zombie." I glared at them for interrupting me "Forth, No one is allowed to kill me unless under the worst circumstances." Zuri and T seemed agitated at that one "Fifth, respect my boundaries. If I don't feel comfortable with one of your experiments you have to respect that." I said to J. He nodded. "Lastly, I get to go hunting with you."

"Hell no!" J,Zuri and T all said. I was surprised by J saying that. "If you get injured then it would affect what's left of your body." He lectured.

"She can control the slow ones." The little girl that stabbed me before interrupted. "She can control the slower Zombies." She said thinking about "Dean" the zombie.

They all looked at me and I only bit my lip and looked away. "This is going to be so interesting." J said excited.

"God you really are a science nerd." I said creeped out. "We agree! Just don't die." J said intending for me to not die again.

"Ill try my best." I snarled. He laughed realizing what he said. "Also I hate lingo, what's your real names." I said crossing my arms. 

Everyone didn't feel like telling me their names so Alec just told me instead "Terry." He pointed at T "Zuri." his finger went to Zuri "Bailey." he pointed to the little stab stab girl "Jay." he pointed to J. At least I can remember his name. He then pointed to himself "And Alec." He smiled.

"Deven. Call me by it." I said. "Anyways. Do any of you know where we are? I've been traveling for a while."

"Forest county, Pennsylvania."