Chapter 11 Only

Even from the roof I could hear the banging of the axe on the stairs. I closed my eyes and just listened to the beat of the axe. I heard the clank of metal fall. I jumped and listened. My nose filled with a smell. It smelled so sweet. I went down the stairs followed the sent with my nose.

Alec stood there on the stairs holding his hand. The axe was on the floor next to him. When I looked at him a overbearingly sweet smell nauseated me. A red drop dripped off of his hand to the floor. He was bleeding. Did he chop his hand? "Deven." He said trying to snap me out of it.

My head got pulled back. Hands covered my eyes. I didn't bother fighting. I knew it was J covering my eyes. "Calm down." I heard J whisper in my ear. By the shaking of his hand I knew I was trembling like crazy.

"Are you okay Alec?" I asked. My arm was held by J and my eyes were still covered.

"I'm fine." He said. T had a gun at my neck and Zuri was stitching up Alecs cut.

"I told you guys that's she's human hungry." Zuri scoffed.

"If she really was hungry for us then she could have killed all of us just for the taste." T said. I was surprised that he was defending me despite his lust for zombie killing.

"Deven are you hungry?" J asked.

"No, it just smells weird." I said.

"What does it smell like." J asked.

"Like a old lady baker's house?" I said confused. Everyone snorted back a laugh and J let me go. My eyes couldn't go into Alec's direction. I didn't know how to feel about earlier. Why did I pull him closer. What if he's now infected?

****************************************************************************************

We stayed in a big old apartment. The sleeping arrangements was that I was locked in the kids bedroom. I was forced to eat the meat I had in my bag just incase. At night I'm only allowed to have a knife with me at night. I agreed because honestly I also don't trust myself.

As night came along we watched on the breaking tv the DVD's I had. The whole time I had to be put a distance from the rest as another precaution. In the middle of the movie I got up and tapped on J's shoulder. He was sitting on the sitten bar watching the movie from the back of the room. "We need to talk." I whispered. We snuck outside into the master bedroom and I took a deep breath then rambled.

****************************************************************************************

By the end of my rambling I was on the floor with my head in my knees. "Ohhh That's what happened between you two. I was wondering why he was quite." J said ahing.

"But does he have the virus now?" I lifted my head up to look at J.

"Of course not, The human virus has already been dead in you for a while now. He wouldn't be able to get infected from that unless he got infected from it spreading naturally like through air or an infected human. The only virus you have left is the zombie virus. They are two different things."

"So I won't infect him?" I said getting hopeful.

"Only if you bite him." He sat on the bed and looked down at me on the floor "Once you turn into a zombie you don't just die but you mutate too, the original virus leaves then the zombie virus replaces it. That one can only get transferred through bite."

"Why bite? If bodily fluids gets mixed shouldn't it be the same?"

"I know right but when a body mutates with the zombie virus it makes holes in the bottom the the teeth and the gums get filled with the zombie virus filled fluid. And only when the zombie gets the least bit hungry when it bite into something then it transfers the virus." J said "it's kinda gross." He said thinking back on it.