Chapter 21 So Normal

My eyes felt like weights. It was nearly impossible to open my eyes. When I opened my eyes it wasn't even enough to see through my eyelashes. I was so tired. So dizzy. Was I still outside with Alec? "DEVEN!" I heard someone scream. I felt a ton of cold hands on my arms. I couldn't open my eyes anymore. I was slowly going back to sleep. "Deven come on! Stay awake!" I heard Jack scream. I tried my best but it was so hard. My body still burned. Someone pulled open my eye lid and I stared at them. It was Nini. I still have a small thing against her about the whole I love you fight. Someone was holding my hand. Alec's hand was the only warm one.

"Deven can you hear us?" Nini asked.

"Nm." was the only thing I could muster to say.

"It's okay just try and stay awake!" Nini said. "Listen for a second. You have been asleep for about a week. The zombie bomb wasn't the only thing that is causing this-"

I started to nod off "DEVEN!" They screamed as I fell back into a deep sleep. In what seemed like a few minutes I woke back up. I was able to open my eyes just enough to see. I looked down and saw Alec with his head on my leg asleep while holding my hand. Where am I? In the lab? I looked next to me and saw Jack and Nini sleeping on the ground. The others where near them also asleep. I couldn't speak. My eyes fluttered trying to stay awake. I squeezed Alec's hand. He bolted right up when he felt me twitch. "Deven!" He rested his hand on my cheek. "Guys!" Alec yelled at them. Everyone woke up and Jack and Nini were quickly looking at me. I looked at them. I listened to the sound of my breathing in a mask. My eyes slowly blinked and I was doing everything I can to stay awake.

"Deven can you hear us?" Jack opened my eyes and I moved my gaze down to Alec. "Deven if you can hear us then look at Nini." Jack commanded. I looked at Nini and they sighed in relief that they haven't lost me. I started to fall back asleep but Alec screamed at me something I didn't expect. My eyes opened back up and I stared at Him. "See that's why this is affecting your body more than the poison." Jack said explaining it to me. I couldn't move but my eyes filled with tears and the tears suction cupped my mask to my face. I never held his hand so tight. I can't believe it.

"Are you okay Deven?" Zuri asked me. I looked her saying "I'm sorry" with my eyes "Hey calm down. It's okay."

"~long?~" I was able to whisper with my shallow breaths. "How long?" I asked.

"About a month." Alec said crying.

"Huh." I huffed having trouble breathing. My head fell back and I couldn't move my eyes anymore. I fell back asleep. My mind is a big mess of emotions. Happy, scared, excited worried. The main feeling I was feeling was excitement. I was so happy. I slept soundly. I woke up again with some blankets on me and a pillow behind my head. Alec was half on the ground and half on the bed I was on. Still holding my hand.

"If I'm dead and I'm in heaven then the angels here are really hot." I laughed half asleep. Alec woke up when I said that. He laughed and put my hand to his head. I was able to speak now. I had a small smile on and Alec cried as he held my hand. "I can't believe it." I said still tired.

"God I love you so much." Alec cried.

"I love you too." I smiled. I leaned back and took the hazy memories back into my mind. "Am I really?" I questioned.

"Yeah." Alec said shaking but smiling.

"WOW!" I said tired.

"Its because you're still part human. You still have that Human virus in you." Alec explained.

"Do Nini and Jack know how it will be with our genes mixed? What if it come out to be-" I said fretting.

"Shush." Alec stopped me "If it comes out to be more of a zombie we'll protect it. If it comes out like a human then we will protect it. No matter what the situation is we'll protect them." Alec stroked my face. I