Stalker (but in a good way)

🏀🏀🏀

🏀🏀🏀

Josh's bike skidded to a stop at the steps of the school. He had gotten there an hour early because Jenna told him that Tyler likes to practice in the mornings. Josh then teased her for being a stalker. He tugged on his backpack as he walked through the doors to the gym, and sure enough there was Tyler practicing. Before Josh could announce his presence the basketball whizzed by him by a few inches before bouncing off the door.

"Dude are you okay?" Tyler said running up to Josh and grabbing the basketball. "Almost hit you there."

"Yeah I'm fine." Josh said nervously as Tyler wiped the sweat from his forehead. "I didn't know you were practicing." He lied.

"Oh yeah I'm here almost every morning." Tyler said holding the ball under his arm. "Do you uh wanna practice with me? I could always use some competition." He smiled.

Josh almost choked. "S-sure that sounds cool." He stuttered. Josh had never played a serious game of basketball in his life. He'd played with his younger siblings before just for fun, but nothing compared to Tyler's level of playing.

"You know how to play right?" Tyler asked tossing Josh  the ball.

"I'm not very good at it." Josh admitted, pushing his glasses up.

"Don't stress then it's cool. Just play." Tyler encouraged and Josh's anxiety wasn't as bad as before. Soon both boys were playing just a small game, one on one. Josh scored the lowest, but he definitely didn't feel bad about it.

"Not bad Josh. You should sign up for the team." Tyler joked and Josh shook his head and laughed.

"No way I'll stick to my books thanks." Josh said passing the basketball back to Tyler before looking at the clock. "The bell should ring soon, I should probably get to class."

"You have English right?" Tyler asked putting the basketball back on the rack.

"Yeah." Josh said picking up his backpack from the bleachers.

"Cool so do I. Just let me shower right quick and we can walk together." Tyler said grabbing his gym bag and heading to the locker rooms. Josh exhaled slowly as he decided to wait for Tyler. He hoped things were going as well as this on Jenna's end.

******

Jenna walked up to Debby who was by her locker.

"Hey Debs. Personal reminder about the chemistry test this afternoon." Jenna said and Debby scowled before closing her locker.

"Great I completely forgot to study." Debby huffed pulling her red hair back into a ponytail.

"I have cram notes if you need them. We have the same class too." Jenna said handing Debby the pieces of paper stapled  together.

"Oh my god Jenna you're an angel. I totally owe you one." Debby said hugging the blonde girl. Jenna patted Debby's back a few times before she let go. "Hey we're having cheer try outs this afternoon you should come, you'd look great in our uniforms."