Dodgeballs and Dead Frogs

🐸🐸🐸

🐸🐸🐸

Josh sat on his couch all dressed and ready a good hour before Tyler was supposed to show up. He wasn't sure why he was so anxious, that he got up too early and got all excitable. It was just Tyler picking him up for school.

Josh flipped through kiddy cartoons as he finally saw his brother come down for breakfast yawning, still in his pj's.

"Damn you're up early." Jordan said pouring himself some cereal. Josh just shrugged at his younger brother and turned back to the television. "So what's up with you and Tyler?"

Josh looked at Jordan with alarmed eyes. "What do you mean what's up with me and Tyler?"

"I mean you guys never talked before what's the deal now? You got a crush on him or something?" Jordan teased, sitting beside Josh on the couch and eating his cereal.

"No, for your information I'm becoming friends with Tyler to help set him up with Jenna. She's doing the same thing with Debby, and then I'll finally ask her out." Josh crossed his arms and didn't look away from the television.

"Debby's so gay dude." Jordan said slurping on his cereal bowl. Josh's head snapped towards him and he smacked Jordan over the top of the head. "Ow what the fuck?!"

"She is not gay Jordan, damn you just have to start shit." Josh grumbled and Jordan snickered into his cereal bowl.

Suddenly a horn honked from outside and Josh thanked God that Tyler showed up when he did.

"Bye lover boy." Jordan teased and Josh chucked a pillow at him before going out the door.

"Is it too cold in the car?" Tyler asked as Josh climbed into the passenger seat of his car.

"Nah it feels good, I love morning air." Josh smiled rolling the window down and inhaling slowly.

Tyler admired the way the wind ran through Josh's hair, and how the sunrise touched his face in just the right angles.

"Um, road buddy." Josh said and laughed snapping Tyler out of his trance. Tyler looked back at the road and swerved back into the correct lane. They were lucky it was early and their wasn't much traffic.

It was quiet for a few seconds before Tyler turned the radio on, a familiar song playing through the speakers. He turned it down for background noise.

"So um, how long have you and Jenna been friends?" Tyler asked and Josh looked from the window to the sun kissed skinned boy across from him.

"Oh we've been friends since Kindergarten. Grew up together. She's like another sister but better." Josh said, noticing that Tyler's skin looked like it was glowing under the sunlight. "What about you and Debby?"

"Since she moved here in eighth grade. She was really insecure of herself. Debby's been through a lot." Tyler said gripping the steering wheel tightly at an unwanted memory.