Talk With Me

🗣🗣🗣

🗣🗣🗣

Trigger Warning ⚠️
of sensitive topics in this chapter

"I've been dying to show you something." Tyler said excitedly, his breathe swirling around in the cold air. Josh's heart skipped a beat as he stood outside with Tyler, about to climb into the brunette's car to go home for winter break.

"Really? A-am I allowed over?" Josh said precariously as he ran his fingers over the snow covered car hood. The red head remembered Kelly said he was allowed over, but he still felt safer when Tyler confirmed it.

"Course you are, you're my boyfriend." Tyler said and Josh blushed a bit.

"Yeah I know I'm just-"

"Scared shitless of my mom I know. She's not home right now anyways. Dad is though, he's pretty cool." Tyler said climbing into the car that was already running, the heat washing over the two boys.

Josh shivered a bit in the seat as he wiped the wet spots where snowflakes had fallen on his clothes.

"There's a blanket." Tyler said reaching into the backseat and laying the blanket over Josh. The redhead immediately snuggled down in it the best he could in the passenger seat.

"Thanks." Josh said sheepishly, only his nose, eyes and hair peeking out. Tyler chuckled softly as he started driving to his house.

****

"I guess you finally fixed the lock." Josh said as Tyler took out a set of keys, unlocking his music room.

"Yeah, but you can break in any time." Tyler smirked and Josh grinned as they opened the door to Tyler's music room.

The piano, ukulele, and pale couch were still there but a computer desk with a rather large looking computer sat on the far side of the room.

"Wow." Josh breathed out as they walked over to the piece of equipment. "What is all this?"

"It's a computer." Tyler said and Josh scoffed rolling his eyes.

"Thanks I can see that, is this all you wanted to show me? Your fancy new system?" Josh asked and Tyler ran his fingers through his hair.

"Yes and no. Hang on." Tyler said as he booted up the system. The screen glittered to life, along with a password code popping up.

Josh then realized that this was the equipment Tyler had been using to make music. Tyler typed the password in quickly, the screen now revealing the editing software.

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Josh asked as he pulled the piano bench over beside Tyler in the computer chair.

"Not really? I'm just kinda screwing around and seeing what works." Tyler said and clicked on a few lines. He plugged a pair of headphones into the computer and had Josh slip them on.