Realize

✨✨✨

✨✨✨

Josh immediately regretted his decision to go with Tyler to early morning practice because Christ it was early.

He trudged out of bed and showered, just standing under the hot water for a good ten minutes before actually bathing. When he finally got out and began putting in his clothes, you could barely see the sun creeping over the horizon.

Just as Josh was pulling on his other shoe he heard a car honk from outside and knew it was Tyler. He grabbed his bag and skipped the stairs, going two at a time, before rushing out the front door. Tyler was in the front seat of his car and waved.

"I can't believe you actually got up this early." Tyler mused as Josh got in the seat, buckling himself up.

"Yeah I can't believe it either." Josh said and smiled. Tyler glanced at Josh before pulling out of the driveway and heading towards the school.

"You smell nice." Tyler said suddenly and his face bloomed pink at soon as he said that. "I-I didn't mean that in a weird way it's just-"

"It's fine Ty. You smell nice too." Josh said and giggled slightly. What an odd thing to say, but he enjoyed the compliment nonetheless.

The rest of the ride was filled with awkward glances and blushes until Tyler turned the radio on. They finally arrived at school.

Tyler grabbed his gym bag from the backseat and they walked into the dimly lit school. It was a little spooky early in the mornings or after hours, when the halls were all dark and only a few teachers were there.

They got to the gym and Tyler went and changed while Josh just randomly tossed a basketball at the hoop, missing a lot. He didn't care though, it didn't bother him as long as he was enjoying himself.

"Alright I suppose we can do one on one again. Maybe do some simple scrimmages just to make sure I'm still up at my A-game and all that shit." Tyler sighed as Josh tossed him the basketball. The tan boy caught it with ease and began dribbling it slowly.

"What do I do?" Josh said and Tyler stopped dribbling the ball for a second.

"Just try to block me the best you can." Tyler encouraged and Josh nodded before Tyler began dribbling the ball again.

Josh tried his best but he was no basketball player. Tyler could get around him most the time just by simply side stepping him, but Josh watched and was a quick learner. He twisted his body and finally was able to give Tyler at least a little bit of a challenge.

"Getting better Josh." Tyler smirked, their faces inches apart as Josh was trying his best to keep blocking him.

"Or maybe you're just getting lazy." Josh teased.  Tyler scoffed and Josh could feel Tyler's body pressed against him. Josh swallowed, feeling Tyler's skin press against his, it was really warm and slick with sweat. He became distracted and Tyler moved to the right quickly. Josh tried moving with him but their feet tangled and down they went.