Overflowing Feelings

💘💘💘

💘💘💘

"Jenna are you sure this is the best idea?" Josh said anxiously again as Jenna rinsed the bleaching solution out of his hair.

"Yes this is exactly what you need to do
to grab Tyler's attention. Trust me, it'll be subtle yet loud." Jenna said and rolled her eyes. "Trust me."

"Is this just because you wanted to dye the tips of yours blue and you didn't want to do it alone?" Josh asked as she shook the bottle of blue dye in her hands.

Jenna had a look of false shock on her face. "What? Nooooo never." She said and smiled. Josh sighed but allowed her to apply the dye to his freshly bleached strands. She hummed softly as Josh drummed on his thighs to the beat to whatever she was humming.

She had been humming a lot of Katy Perry lately.

After putting a shower cap on Josh, which Jenna immediately laughed at, he began dying the tips of Jenna's blonde hair blue. She kept poking his shower cap and asking if he knew where his hairbrush was. Josh snorted at that.

After they waited for it to set, they took turns helping each other rinse their hair out before wrapping it in a towel.

"Okay at the count of three we take the towels off our heads alright?" Jenna said clutching the towel that was piled on her head.

"Deal." Josh said, his wrapped around his head. "One."

"Two."

"Three!" The said at the same time and Jenna gasped.

"Wow Josh that looks so cool!" She said happily and brushed through her damp strands. "How does mine look?"

"It looks amazing! I'm glad you talked me into this." Josh said and ran a hand through his strands. Jenna and Josh high fives before deciding to finally do their homework.

"What are you smirking about?" Jenna said as they were in the middle of chemistry homework.

"Nothing I'm just...I'm excited about Tyler's reaction to my hair." Josh said and smiled a bit, his face dusted with a light pink. "God that sounds so stupid."

"No it doesn't! If it makes you feel better, I'm nervous about what Debby will say about my hair." Jenna whispered then snickered.

******
Josh drummed on his lap nervously as he waited for Tyler to pull into the driveway. Even though it was early, his anxiety made it hard for him to get sleep over something as simple as Tyler seeing his new hair color.

He waited for Tyler to pull in and honk his horn before walking to the door, exhaling as he twisted the knob and exited his house. The now blue haired boy walked to the passenger seat of the car and slid in.