You Better Throw The First Punch

(make it a good one)

👊👊👊

Josh was sitting on the bleachers watching the basketball team practice. He'd been doing it every once in a while and so it wasn't as strange as it had been.

Josh was doing some homework and his head shot up when he heard a loud commotion, and the coaches whistle being blown way too loudly.

"Break it up! Joseph! Urie! What the hell?!" The coach said grabbing Tyler off of Brendon by the collar of his jersey, practically yanking him off the taller raven haired boy.

Both boys were silent as Tyler spit to the side, a bit of blood mixed with his saliva. His lip was busted and bruising.
Brendon had a blossoming black eye, and he just looked at the ground.

"Both of you go sit. Opposite sides of the court. One more thing like this and you won't play anymore. Got it?" The coach snapped and both boys just scoffed and walked in opposite directions.

Tyler made his way up the bleachers and slowly sat next to Josh who's eyes had been boring into him since the small fight started.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked, resisting the urge to reach out and touch Tyler's face, or hold his hand.

"Mhmm." Tyler sighed, not keeping eye contact with Josh.

"Ty please." Josh said softly and Tyler finally sighed and looked his blue haired love.

"I'm fine. I don't even know what happened. It just kind of escalated." Tyler sighed and both boys glanced at Brendon who was being treated with an ice pack by one of the cheerleaders. Josh thought her name was Sarah.

Josh just sighed before slinging his arm over Tyler's shoulder, hugging him a bit. Tyler mumbled sorry and Josh just shushed him. He knew Tyler was just trying to be a good...well boyfriend?

Josh blinked when he realized, was he even Tyler's boyfriend?

"Hey Ty?" Josh asked, slipping his arm away from the brunette.

"Yeah?" Tyler said and looked at Josh.

"I know this sounds stupid but are we...together?" Josh whispered and Tyler paused and thought for a moment.

"I mean I think so. I kinda thought we were." Tyler said and grinned.

Josh blushed and nodded. "Course yeah I knew that."

"We didn't really establish it. I'm sorry that I'm uncomfortable being open with people about it, I mean, you've met my mom." Tyler said and sighed. Josh nodded knowingly. It'd be selfish for him to put Tyler at risk like that. He had no issues with it, as long as Tyler didn't cheat on him. Josh trusted Tyler.

"I know, it's alright." Josh said and smiled. Tyler ruffled Josh's blue hair, causing him to blush again, only a bit redder. "I'm gonna get you some ice ya goof." He laughed and went down the bleachers to the ice machine.