chapter 27 // saige

lalalalalalalallaallalalala

~~

[saige's p.o.v]

Lines formed by small children and there parents began to form rapidly ever since the Carnival opened. It's been like this all night. I didn't even know kids were that interested to knock down 6 bowling pins for a prize of a small stuffed animal. Lines formed like crazy, and right now 4 kids are coming every 5 minutes, which is the least amount we've ever gotten today.

I glanced over Rachel who was on her phone, texting someone. Rachel is a pretty cool person, not to mention she's pretty too. She really knows how to keep up a conversation, and seems really nice, smart, and just interested. It kind of sucks how we're going to be watching a stand all night, when really we should be out having fun. I sighed, and went back to work.

8:47PM

At this moment, barely anyone came for now. A few kids would come every 10 minutes, which would be longer than usual. I just watched as people walked throughout the carnival, playing games, going on rides, eating, talking, and just having a great time. On the other hand, here I am stuck sitting on this stool behind a vacant stand. As I looked over the crowd, I spotted familiar faces. She was hand in hand with a really tall curly haired boy. She had long curly black hair that would be up to her elbows. I gazed over, and recognized her before. Isn't her name Elizabeth? ... No, wait, Emma?

 She spotted our stand, most specifically, Rachel. I glanced at Rachel, who spotted them also, and waved. Emma and the boy began to walk towards us. 

Emma exhaustively planted her head onto the boy's shoulders. 

"It's so much work pretending to be a couple."

He smirked, and softly patted her head.

"It was your idea in the first place."

She looked up at him, "You could have said no.."

Rachel tapped Emma on the elbow, "Can the lovely fake couple move? You're blocking kids way."

They didn't hesitate, but slightly took 2 steps to the right, where my position was. Emma noticed me, and she stared at me. "Have I met you before?" She mentioned.

By that being said, the boy turns and looks at me. He doesn't say anything but just looks at me.

"I've seen you in school before, um..." She gazed into a train of thought, "Saige, am I right?"

I nodded, and the boy's face lit up.

"Oh, Saige," He recognized, "That smart ass who skipped 3 freshman classes."

Emma glared at him, and punched him on the arm.

"Harry, shut up," She said, "At least she can do better than you."

Harry rolled his eyes, and just kept staring at me. He glanced over the throwing ball from his right, and grabbed it. He made fake practice throws, and angled his arms to find the right coordination of the bowling pins. He looked back at me.

"You should just give me the prize already."

"Why should I?" I glared at him.

"I bet you I can straight up knock down those bowling pins down faster than you can turn me on," He smirked, "So might as well, just give me a stuffed animal." 

My face slowly began to fade into a bright red tone. This asshole. "I bet you I can straight up knock you down by kicking you in the balls," I snap, "But I wouldn't do that right now, would I?"

I heard Emma and Rachel chuckle trying to hold back there laughter. But, Emma couldn't hold it in, and ended up laughing for 2 minutes straight.

"I was kidding," He smirked again, "I wouldn't go very far with a nerd."

My heart began to race, like a race car running in 3rd place. My heart couldn't stop beating, like my face wouldn't stop blushing.

I hesitated, "I wouldn't go very far with a dumbass either." 

There was a moment of silence, even the kids who passed by didn't say a word. Emma broke the silence, by grabbing Harry's hand and silently walking away. After I made my comment, he wouldn't look at me, but look somewhere else. Once they were gone, Rachel inched in for a hug.

"Were you offended?"

I shook my head.

"You know," Rachel insisted, "I would kick him in the balls for you if you just asked."

I smiled, and giggled having her hold me for a long 3 minutes. When we finally got back to our places, Rachel insisted for me to take a break this time since I've been working my ass off the whole day. 

"What does he mean by you skipped 3 freshman classes?" Rachel blurted.

I rolled my eyes, and rested my head on the counter.

"Apparently, my grades were 'exceptional' throughout the first semester and middle school," I explained, "So, I was eligible to skip certain classes and take AP classes and regents."

"How does he know this?"

"Because I'm in his AP Geography class," I said.

Rachel nodded her head, in understatement. 30 minutes passed as we did our work, and kids have been lining up at an average rate. I sat on the stool, just playing games on my phone, and secretly taking pictures of Rachel as she works. She hasn't noticed one thing.

She taps me, and I look at her.

"Liam's here."

I turn around to see Liam and Casey slightly sweating and exhausted.

"Oh my god," I exclaimed, "Where were you guys?"

"This prick," Casey looked at him, "made me ride 'The Black Torment'."

Her face was all puffy and red, as she inhaled and exhaled deeply. I looked at Liam, who was laughing for the fun of it as Casey playfully hits him. He looked at his watch, and back up at me.

"It's getting late," He says, "I have to leave now." 

Liam and Casey give each other a goodbye hug, and so did I. He greeted us a goodbye, and told me to tell his mom that he's on his way home. Liam and I were raised in strict families where curfews were mandatory, but I'm an exception, since I'm working.

Casey sat down next to me, and planted her head on my shoulder. 

"You tired?" I asked.

She nods her head, "There's still much to ride on."

"Then, go."

"I'm lonely," She shakes her head, "Come with me.."

I laugh, "I'm working."

"Ditch work." She says.

I laugh again, as I look up to see, Naomi and Niall coming this way.

"Or you could go with Niall." I suggest.

end of chapter 27