chapter 29 // casey

yeah heres an update when im sick lying on bed ye

November 2, 2013 - Friday

It's been two days since the Halloween Carnival, and two days since... yeah.

I didn't tell anyone yet, nor did I feel like I wanted too. Yesterday has been a day filled with nothing but mixed emotions and fatigue muscles running throughout my body. My entire body was greatly sore because I came back home at like 2AM and had to wake up at 6 for school.

I didn't really remember anything from yesterday, other than me staring at Niall during lunch and staring at him again as he was playing during practice. My stomach would feel all nauseous and bashful, and it made me felt 4574954 different kinds of things. I just couldn't stop staring at him. Hopefully, Rachel and Emma didn't notice I was staring at him because I wasn't paying attention to them at all. I didn't participate during there conversation nor even looked at them during lunch. My head was all in a pain when I came back home.

~~

10:35AM

It's only been 15 minutes of third period and I'm already fed up with the whole entire lesson. Today was Friday, which meant I would have Mr. Harrison for 2 periods before lunch and it's literally getting to be the highlight of my Friday mornings since his class is so interesting.

I've been silently tapping my foot against the left leg of my desk and staring at my empty written notebook for the past 15 minutes. I would've been staring outside the window instead, but he caught me last time. I rolled my eyes as I lightly tapped the edge of my pencil against the corners of the textbook placed to the right of me. 

I was tired---obviously and I was hassled. The only thing that would cross my mind was Niall. Not to mention, how I behaved yesterday when I ignored Emma and Rachel. Different kinds of things crossed my mind in different kinds of ways and my head began twinge.

Suddenly, I heard a voice walk over the voice inside my head that would be distracting me throughout the whole class, It was Mr. Harrison. I looked up from the untouched notebook from my desk to see Mr. Harrison standing in front of the classroom gawking at me coldly. I turn around to face the class, to see everyone's eyes directly on me. I turn back to Mr. Harrison who was still glancing at me sharply.

"Well?" Mr. Harrison said sternly.

"Wait, what?" I muttered, but loud enough for the whole class to hear as giggles passed by the room.

"The answer," He scolded, "I want the answer to the question I just asked, maybe if you were paying attention you would know what I would be talking about."

I panicked, and my heart began to race. I didn't know what he was talking about, I didn't know what was going on. I searched in my brain for an answer, but nothing came up. My mind was blank, and so was I. Till I felt an elbow touch me lightly against mine, I glanced next to me to see Liam gloat at me. I heard him whisper, but I couldn't hear, so he repeated what he said loud enough for only me to hear.

"Pearl Harbor." Liam mumbled.

"Pearl Harbor." I repeated.

To Mr. Harrison's surprise, I got it right. He left me alone for the rest of the period.

"Thanks." I said, with a sign of relief.

Liam giggled, "No problem."

I smiled, but Liam decided to continue the conversation.

"Did you have fun in the Carnival on Wednesday?" He asked.

"Did you?"

"Yeah, I went to the Haunted House," He replied, "It was so cool, did you go on it?"

Right then, everything happened that night came back like a flash.

"Yeah, I did."

"The last part was pretty cool."

Suddenly, a thought flashed to my mind. It was the last part where Niall and I were standing in the last room of the Haunted House. It was the last part where the hologram appeared in the middle of the room and I got scared. It was the last part where when I was scared, Niall hugged me so hard that he wouldn't let go until I felt secure. The though of it sent shivers in all respects of my body that the corners of my mouth lifted into a smile, and I couldn't stop smiling. My cheeks faded bright red, and I stared into blank space just thinking about it until I finally snapped back to reality.

"Yeah.." I said softly, "It was my favorite throughout the whole thing."

At that instant, the bell rang and everyone in the class began to start packing up. It was time for lunch, and I was exhausted and relieved. I packed up my things and hurried for the exit, until I heard Mr. Harrison's cold sharp voice hurdle above my shoulders.

"Casey, Liam.." He implied, "Can I see you both for a minute?"

I turned around to meet Liam at Mr. Harrison's desk. Mr. Harrison waited until the classroom was entirely empty except us, and when it did, he looked up at us.

"As you may already know, Casey here," He looked at Liam, "has been having a mild difficulty in her studies on standardized History." 

Liam silently chuckled under his breath, as I softly punch him against his chest.

Wow, great, thanks.

"I've talked to both of your parents already," He continued, "and they both agree for Liam to tutor and help Casey ascend in her studies starting at the beginning of second trimester."

"Second trimester starts on January." I added.

"Then I suggest you start making plans immediately," Mr. Harrison grinned, "You may leave."

We both turn around and exit out the door in unison. We both walked to the lunchroom with still silence. We didn't talk until we reached the building, where he asked for my address and number for when we study in the future. We both parted in our separate ways as I entered the jam-packed lunch room. 

end of chapter 29